Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road

Hi girls, if it is any help I have passed assignment 1,2,3 & 4. Am now struggling on 5. Have done and passed theorists. If u want a read on what I put then quite happy to pop it on here...just give me the questions and will post back. :)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

cwaring is on a distinguished road

hiya! soooo glad its not just me then...it really is a relief!!! I have the louise burnham book too. my tutor hasnt been helpful and if anything I have to say he's been pretty.sarcastic to be honest. yes the devrlopment theories part is utter rubbish to be honest! I ended up on google A LOT. if you go onto the open university study site which has free bitsize courses, theres a pretty good section on child development discussing the theories etc is simple way.i used it a lot to reference things for that unit.there is no way this course can be done in a year. I know im not putting in as many hours as I could but I get the files out, getstressed then do something else instead! although in all fairness im sure ive done well over the 180 hours that its meant to take to.complete the course by this 3rd unit. ive got 8 more to do between now and sept...aint gonna happen eh!!?? so your with edistance learning/ study house too are you?i think my borderline passes have been.because im not setting them out exactly how I should be and am not giving enough variety of evidence.but on so many all youcan do is a candidate report.im really struggling with unit 3 so if anyone else out there can help us both I would be v v v grateful!! ive also found if you.copy and paste the task title into google,or on here then you do get some ideas for your answers!!?? if I can help with unit 1 just ask. my tutor seems to like all my answers+gives good comments yet I only just pass each one :-\
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:47 AM

hi there stonenat! that would be much appreciated as i am not sure where i am going wrong really! Here is a list of the tasks for my health and safety unit:

1)Describe the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environments and services
2)Explain how health and safety is monitored and maintained and how people in the work setting are made aware of risks and hazards and encouraged to work safely
3) Identify sources of current guidance for planning healthy and safe environments and services
4)Explain how current health and safety legislation, policies and procedures are implemented in own work setting or service
5)Demonstrate how to identify potential hazards to the health, safety and security of children or young people, families and other visitors and colleagues
6)Demonstrate ability to deal with hazards in the work setting and in off site visits
7)Undertake a health and safety risk assessment in own work setting or service illustrating how its implementation will reduce risk
8)Explain how health and safety risk assessments are monitored and reviewed
9)Explain why it is important to take a balanced approach to risk management
10Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements
11)Give example from own practice of asuuporting children or young people to assess and manage risk
12)Explain the policies and procedures of the setting or service in response to accidents
13)Describe the correct procedures for recording and reporting accidents

is it just me or are a lot of the questions repeating themselves e.g. tasks 5,6,7 are all risk -assessment based and hard to know what different evidence to use for each!?!?!?!?!Reply With Quote
*Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

stonenat is on a distinguished road

Is there any way i can email you privately....this was such a long assignment however when i got my head round it only took me 3 days, also have all my evidence that went with each question. Questions are exactly the same as what I have done . Have no problem sending you it xxxx
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

andwolf1 is on a distinguished road
Default me too !!! ahh

hi just been reading this thread and i am in the same sinking boat !!
i can manage the questions but i am stuck on the evidence for this unit, do you think if i do a risk assessment and get it witnessed that this will cover all the evidence required ? your advice would be gratefully received as my tutor seems to have gone awol !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonenat View Post
Is there any way i can email you privately....this was such a long assignment however when i got my head round it only took me 3 days, also have all my evidence that went with each question. Questions are exactly the same as what I have done . Have no problem sending you it xxxx
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:01 PM

andwolf1 is on a distinguished road
Default no more ironing !!!

I know just how you feel my house is sparkly but I keep moving my books from table to table without opening them ! Have decided to finally just get on with it before I run out of time - so wish me luck ! and good luck to us all !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat67 View Post
Ah, I'm so glad I've read this thread. It's exactly how I'm feeling. So lost, and feel as though I have no-one to turn to for help. Luckily my school are very supportive, and there's an NVQ assessor there that has offered support, but I don't like to ask because I know that they are all so busy. I'm really struggling to think of evidence and like a couple of you have said on here, already feel as though I'm falling behind. I had hoped to get my first assignment in at the end of Feb, second at the end of March, instead I'm still struggling on the first one. And because I am struggling, I will find any reason not to pick my books up and get on with it. (Even done ironing, that's how bad it is!) It's so good to know that I'm not alone. I'm also finding that some of the tasks in the assignments seem repetitive. My first assignment is the Child and Young Person Development one and task 7 seems to be almost repeating task 1 to 4. I'm beginning to regret doing distance learning now because I think having other students to 'bounce' ideas around with and generally chat about the assignments help to get you focussed on what is required. Hopefully we can all help each other in this way? Good luck to us all! Oh, is anyone else using the Distance Learning Centre/Study House course?
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:01 PM

hiya!

im just writing a risk asssessment then going to get the health and safety teacher officer at school to sign it. i also did one for an external trip i went on and will get the teacher to sign that off too. so far units 1,2 and 3 have been blooming hard work and not feeling positive about facing another 8 units....!!!!
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:48 PM

Kat67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaring View Post
my tutor hasnt been helpful and if anything I have to say he's been pretty.sarcastic to be honest. ....... so your with edistance learning/ study house too are you?
I've snipped a fair bit from your reply but just to say, yes, I found the email response from him rather sarcastic too. Not impressed at all to be completely honest. And yes, same company..... based on my current experience, it's not one I'd be recommending I'm afraid. Let's hope it improves.

I'm going to have another bash at the theories bit tomorrow I think..... thank you for your offer, I might well take you up on it! It really helps to know that there are so many others out there that are feeling like I am, part of the battle is feeling that you're alone
Unread 03-17-2013, 11:48 PM

Kat67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andwolf1 View Post
I know just how you feel my house is sparkly but I keep moving my books from table to table without opening them ! Have decided to finally just get on with it before I run out of time - so wish me luck ! and good luck to us all !!!
Good luck! I think we all need it!
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:13 PM

Kezmoo is on a distinguished road
Default Ncfe

Hi

I am a mature student doing the course as a home learning. If anyone wants a study partner I am here. Need to get my head into this so any support will be gratefully recd. Thanks