Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 10-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

clare1307rabbits is on a distinguished road
Default CYPOP 1 2. Explain how and why variations occur in the rate and sequence of development

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if someone could tell me if I was on the right track with my thinking.

I was going to put the following which I will just bullet point and then elaborate on when I type the actual assignment out.

Disabilities
Experiences
Environmental / External influences
Health issues
Cultural
Parental influences
Genetics

Level 3 handbook is good but grateful for any ideas

Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

emziebub88 is on a distinguished road

Did you ever get any help with thi?? Am stuck on this question at the moment, so would appreciate any help with it.
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Pipotoole is on a distinguished road

This is what I put:-
Causes of variations in rate and sequence of learning and development include:
• Disabilities -
• Experiences -
• Environmental - all children need stimulation and nurturing for healthy development.
• Health issues - a child with Asthma can not join in all sports and physical activities which can delay their physical development
• Cultural - some families do not give girls and boys equal opportunities, or the girl is expected to be at home
• Parental influences – the attitude of the parents will play a huge part in the development of a child. Overprotective parents may raise fearful children who are unwilling to take risks. Neglectful parents may raise children who have low self esteem and who perform badly in all tasks. A child who has not been given enriching experiences and is ignored may be socially, emotionally and cognitively impaired.
• Genetics – a child may be genetically disposed to be slow to learn in some areas of development, but they may excel in others