Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Preschool themes and topics > Planning activities themes and topics for preschool early years > Books and storytelling

Books and storytelling Book themed activity ideas, reviews and suggestions to support young children's love and enjoyment of text and pictures that tell stories

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jo_B is on a distinguished road
Favourite books

Hello
does anyone out there have any favourite story books?? I really really love the "Gruffalo" by Julie Donaldson & Axel Scheffler, Its such a good read and can be used with large groups and explored in so many ways:reading:
I hope there are more of you out there as sad as me who doesn't think books are just for the Children... there just an exuse to enjoy them:laughing:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

My two had th Gruffalo a bedtime tonight, I like it but my 3.5yr said he didn't. I think he may just have been having a huff as he wanted a tractor book!

'Marvin wants more' is a favourite in this house. DP (yes DP!) likes Pudges Play but I really dislike reading it.
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Muggy

Default Mine...

I love 'The Big Wide Mouthed frog'! :frog:
Unread 01-24-2007, 01:55 AM
rainbowtigger

I love 'Peace at Last '!
Unread 01-24-2007, 08:59 PM

Biggrin Fave Books

Hee Hee
Its Good to know im not the only one...
Carry on :reading:
Unread 01-24-2007, 09:44 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

I love Monkey Puzzle by Julia Donaldson, ill. by Axel Scheffler. For the simple reason that it was the first book I read to my son during the adoption bridging, by the end of the book, we were both in tears.
Unread 01-24-2007, 10:02 PM

fave books

Hi miss Muffet
Its great when a book can help keep such special moments alive I got into the Gruffalo when working with a 6year old girl at the infant school, she had real emotional difficulties and could be quite unpredictable, it was this book that seemed to comfort her when times were hard it became our bible, it saw us through some real hard times, we've both moved on she was adopted along with her brother and sister but i think about her all the time and hope that her new life is as happy and fun as she deserved
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Muffet View Post
I love Monkey Puzzle by Julia Donaldson, ill. by Axel Scheffler. For the simple reason that it was the first book I read to my son during the adoption bridging, by the end of the book, we were both in tears.
Great book, DS brought it home from school the day they broke up for Christmas. I love the format of the story and the illustrations are wonderful.
Unread 01-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

They are fantastic books I have to admit a weakness for the writings & Illustrations of Mick Inkpen & Kipper, Nick Butterworth & Percy the Park Keeper & Stephen Cartwright's Farmyard tales and best all round collection of books we have are the Hairy Maclary and Slinky Malinky series by Lynley Dodd .. they are brilliant !!
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM

I like the Percy the Park Keeper books but DH can't stand reading them. We don't have the other ones that you mention except Kipper, I'll look out for those.