Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

LG92 is on a distinguished road
General question Which special needs units did you do?

Hey,

is anyone here doing the special needs units?

if so, which ones have you taken?

thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Stitsophrenic is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I'm taking CYPOP6 Support disabled children and young people and those with specific requirements and CYPOP16 Coordinate special educational needs provision.

I'm nearly finished now, just trying to get the last few pieces of work submitted.....The final push sure is tough!
Unread 04-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

i have completed units cypop 6 (disability) and cypop 16 (senco) and i have also completed cypop 15 (Support positive practice with children and young people with speech, language and communication needs) they all seemed to go together nicely.

Lynne
Unread 06-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Children matter is on a distinguished road

CYPOP 6

Learning outcome 1
Understand the principles of working inclusively with disabled children and young people and those with specific requirements:

1.1 Outline the legal entitlement of disabled children and young people for equality of treatment and the principles of working inclusively placing the child/young person in the centre

Once I receive an expression of interest for a place for a child, I visit the home of the Child, to meet the child and the parents. This enables me to plan for the needs, and specific needs of that child so I can meet the legal entitlement of disabled children and young people for equality of treatment and the principles of working inclusively placing the child/young person in the centre. Using the EYFS my role would be:
● removing of or helping to overcome barriers for children where these already exist;
● being alert to the early signs of needs that could lead to later difficulties, and responding quickly and appropriately, involving other agencies as necessary;
● stretching and challenging all children.
I am aware that the EYFS establishes four overarching principles to inform our thinking and practice in order to meet all young children's entitlement to learning. What materials I use must be organised according to the four sections and principles of the EYFS:
● ‘A unique child’;
● ‘Positive relationships’;
● ‘Enabling environments’;
● ‘Learning and development’.
At the end of each section I reflect on my practice as ● a practitioner; Childminder (others could be playing other roles including): ● a team; ● a SENCO; ● a leader or manager. In my case I play all these.

In my setting I ensure inclusion of all children including those with disabilities and specific need. One of my own children has disability, autism and learning difficulties: therefore, the legal entitlement of disabled children and young people for equality of treatment and the principles of working inclusively placing the child/young person in the centre is very important and I outline it in accordance to the government Code of practice; as follows:

Relevant Regulations that place the child at the centre:
- The following Regulations are relevant to matters covered in the Code of practice of SEN:
The Education (Special Educational Needs) (England) (Consolidation). Regulations 2001.
- The Special Educational Needs (Provision of Information by Local Education Authorities) (England) Regulations 2001.
The Education (Special Educational Needs) (Information) (England) Regulations 1999.

I am also aware of other Guidance that place the child at the centre
Guidance on inclusion:
- Section 316A of the Education Act 1996 requires maintained schools and local education authorities to have regard to guidance on the statutory framework for inclusion. The separate guidance “Inclusive Childcare/Schooling – Children with Special Educational Needs” provides advice on the practical operation of the framework of the legal entitlement of disabled children and young people for equality of treatment and the principles of working inclusively placing the child/young person in the centre. It gives examples of the reasonable steps that maintained schools and LEAs could consider taking to ensure that the inclusion of a child with a statement of special educational needs in a mainstream school is not incompatible with the efficient education of other children.
The Disability Rights Code of Practice for Schools/settings [lacing the child at the centre:
- Part 2 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001 amends the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 to prohibit all schools from discriminating against disabled children in their admissions arrangements, in the education and associated services provided by the setting/school in relation to exclusions from the setting/school. The reasonable adjustments duty on schools does not require the provision of auxiliary aids and services or the removal or alteration of physical features. Decisions about the provision of educational aids and services for children with SEN will continue to be taken within the SEN framework.
From September 2002, settings/schools are required not to treat disabled pupils less favourably for a reason relating to their disability and to take reasonable steps to ensure that they are not placed at a substantial disadvantage to those who are not disabled.
- LEAs and relevant schools are also required since September 2002 to plan strategically and make progress in improving accessibility for disabled pupils to schools’ premises and to the curriculum, and to improve the delivery of written information in an accessible way to disabled Children or pupils.
Defining specific education needs: (Section 312, Education Act 1996) Specific education needs are usually referred to as “special needs.” Children have special educational needs if they have a learning difficulty which calls for special educational provision to be made for them.
Children have a learning difficulty if they:
a) have a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of children of the same age; or
(b) have a disability which prevents or hinders them from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for children of the same age in schools within the area of the local education authority.
(c) are under compulsory school age and fall within the definition at (a) or (b) above or would so do if special educational provision was not made for them.

Children must not be regarded as having a learning difficulty solely because the language or form of language of their home is different from the language in which they will be taught.
Special educational provision means:
(a) for children of two or over, educational provision which is additional to, or otherwise different from, the educational provision made generally for children of their age in schools maintained by the LEA, other than special schools, in the area
(b) for children under two, educational provision of any kind.

In my setting I implement my policies of equality, inclusion and anti discriminatory practices as follows: “A child is disabled if he is blind, deaf or dumb or suffers from a mental disorder of any kind or is substantially and permanently handicapped by illness, injury or congenital deformity or such other disability as may be prescribed”: This is Section 17 (11), Children Act 1989. Therefore, the definitions enable my setting to work within the above legal entitlement of disabled children and young people for equality of treatment and the principles of working inclusively placing the child/young person in the centre.
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

lancasterkelly is on a distinguished road

Help please im really struggling with cypop 6 1.3 x
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:00 PM

jlee123 is on a distinguished road
Default Cypop6

Hi guys does anybody now 2.2.1 im stuck thanks
Unread 05-07-2018, 09:01 PM

confussedmummy is on a distinguished road

hi ladies i know this is an old post but has anyone finished this unit im so stuck on it, i was ok with the first 3 but i have went blank now with outcomes 4 and 5 any help wuld be great thank you