Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > EYs Foundation Degree

EYs Foundation Degree Please use this forum to discuss the Foundation Degree ... assignment queries, integration of information into practice and other areas of learning ..

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 05-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

maat2 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS the importance of creating a safe and protected child care environment

What are the key resourse and legislative issues that need to be borne in mind? I am trying to do my Early Years level 4 through open study college and am finding it really hard. Im hoping that someone will come along and point me in the right direction. My work has paid for this course and im terrified im going to fail and let them down x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

meganp9 is on a distinguished road

I am doing level3 through open study college too, who is your tutor? I have found it really tough too and the book they give you i find does not have enough information or they information they require.
I have done most of my research on the internet and also bought a couple of books.
Good Luck :)
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:49 PM

amelia91 is on a distinguished road

i am doing the level 4 with open study college too! assignment one wasnt too bad but im struggling with the legislative issues too!
if i make any progress i will come back to you...
Unread 09-29-2013, 05:54 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganp9 View Post
I am doing level3 through open study college too, who is your tutor? I have found it really tough too and the book they give you i find does not have enough information or they information they require.
I have done most of my research on the internet and also bought a couple of books.
Good Luck :)
the book they give you.......... dear god. at A level standard you are supposed to read far more than the book they give you. READ AND RESEARCH thats what education is about regurgitating something someone else has written isnt leaning!
Unread 09-29-2013, 06:01 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat2 View Post
What are the key resourse and legislative issues that need to be borne in mind? I am trying to do my Early Years level 4 through open study college and am finding it really hard. Im hoping that someone will come along and point me in the right direction. My work has paid for this course and im terrified im going to fail and let them down x
try looking on the nspcc or the safe network websites but these are basic safeguarding laws and documents theyre asking you to identify
Unread 09-30-2013, 01:28 PM

amelia91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat2 View Post
a little advice.... without scaring you. i managed to get my head around it... using the study guide they gave me. page 51 onwards is all about safe environments... i submitted my work and my tutor said its not in enough detail and i wrote 1600 words so you need loads of detail and i think you need to refer back to policies and procedures that need to be met as part of keepin a safe environment. i also wrote about children taking risks and why equipment and outdoor and indoor areas needs to be safe in order for children to learn about dangers. and using equipment safely.
this helped me .... hope it helps

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...tfz5vfb4zJsTzg