Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 06-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

natalie85 is on a distinguished road
3.1 task 1

Hello is there anybody in the same boat as me with 3.3. finding it so hard!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

hI
i have completed this unit and had it signed off. I didn't have to do unit 1.

i used thes two websites which gave alot of info on child protection.

https://www.education.gov.uk/publica...CSF-00305-2010

http://www.hazelwick.w-sussex.sch.uk...procedures.pdf

If i can help in any kind of way let me know.

Lynne
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:32 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

stuck on explain how pratitoner can take steps to protect themselves within their everyday pratice in the work setting and offsite outcome 3.4

slowly getting this unit but i have 1 child sick and a washing machine on perminately and only 7 days to complete this unit before my next visit so any help on any question would be a god send . you are a real star thank you for all you help ealrier too.

Thanks T
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:54 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

If you look at your Adult Protection Policy - it will tell you of your settings procedures if anyone is accused of something. By looking at this - it will help you think - How can I prevent myself being accused of such allegations?

such as child abuse? do you change a child's nappy out of the room? if so- are you alone or do you have another adult there? Do you have a nappy rota? - where a child is changed by different members of staff to try and prevent one member grooming/abusing a child? I know some children prefer a key person - but these are things you have to think about for safeguarding children.

So, try and think of what a practitioner could be accused of and how would you go about trying to minimise the risk of being accused of allegations?

Hitting a child?
Abuse whilst taking a child to the toilet.
Discrimination/bullying

You will have policies and procedures such as recruiting - crb's (current) training to educate staff on diversity, inclusion etc, contracts with staff signing and understanding that discrimination/bullying etc will not be tolerated.
You will have staff meetings/appraisals where you all discuss (and follow) good practice. Some of this may seem a little removed but if everything (policies and porcedures) is followed it helps prevent anything happening (hopefully) and helps you to protect yourself knowing that you are working for a well organised setting.

There is also a whistle blowing policy - this may have to be used if you felt you were being asked to do something you should not - it's there to protect you as well as the children.

Always share information with your manager/supervisor/teacher, being open and following proper procedures helps you to stay safe - by doing the right thing.

I hope this sets you on the right track.
Unread 06-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tracye is on a distinguished road

Thanks ever so much for those links Lynne, really helpful. The end is in sight... ;-)
Unread 06-30-2011, 07:06 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracye View Post
Thanks ever so much for those links Lynne, really helpful. The end is in sight... ;-)
Hi
Yeah very good websites for this unit, i managed to answer all questions from these books with further research when appropriatte

Lynne