Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
What's your topic next term?

What topic is everyone planning for next ?

(nosey question sorry !!)
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

kimmy is on a distinguished road

We have loads next half term ....spring,our bodies and growing, the weather and then for the last week the best one - Childrens Choice week ...we ask the children each day during the last week but one what they would like out on that day ...the plan is made up from their requests incorporating their ideas and activities ...they love it - we have to tweak it sometimes as they just want bikes bikes bikes but most of the ideas are theirs .....
Unread 04-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

We're doing people who help us.. we have an ex childs dad who is a policeman and always comes in to do a little talk and hand out some freebies for the children. We're also going to be dressing up and making our own identity badges with finger paints and silver paper.
Unread 04-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Next term

Not a clue but then at the moment I am only a volunteer!!Actually one staff is leaving and I have a feeling that they are going to count me in their ratios!! :rotfl: :rotfl: ??!!
Unread 04-06-2006, 09:34 PM
jen

We are doing mini beasts, its great we get to go in the garden and find all sorts of creepy crawlies.
Unread 04-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Rach71

my fave time of year....pets...2 weeks of rainforest including a tribal day!!...farms and dinosaurs....

got my camouflage net out ready and all my jungly creatures...
Unread 04-10-2006, 10:35 PM

Narnia is on a distinguished road

we've been looking at growing already so we are extending that by digging our garden after easter and putting in some summer bulbs,beans sunflowers etc.each child will be given a plan of the garden with the things which can't be changed (the shed, the flagpost,the playhouse) and then will be asked to "design" their ideal garden..........................mini Alan Titchmarshes!then we're going on to our favourite stories..........and one of my staff has been making some amazing new curtains for the room, with things like th hungry catrepillar and funnybones and Burglar Bill on them..........fantastic!!
Unread 04-10-2006, 10:36 PM

Narnia is on a distinguished road

Just noticed I'm a duckling.....................always taking the plunge????!!
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:00 AM
cybertwin

we are doing growing and myself until half term, then people who help us a safety until july

then 6 weeks off................ hopefully with more sun (sorry getting too used to being at hmome at the mo)
Unread 04-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia
Just noticed I'm a duckling.....................always taking the plunge????!!
.. 'Dipping in' and posting a post - sorry, conjured up an image of a pond (could start a new thread for suggestions of possible member group names lol)

Looks like its wellies & shovels to the ready for most when it comes to topics at the moment ....
the cost of ad blockers