Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 05-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Bouncyfun is on a distinguished road
Default Unit 3 playworker diploma any help please ??

Hope someone can help, my assignment is due in soon and i am really struggling on two questions on the playworker diploma

I dont know if it is my baby brain as currently pregnant but lately this course seems to be stressing me out.

Hope someone can help.

Unit 3 Q1. - Summarise the key legal requirements covering the rights of children and young people and those who care for them in a play context ??

Unit 3 Q3 - Evaluate different theories and models of good practice relating to inclusion ??

Its due in 5 days and really dont see me getting this done. :-(

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, the The Children Act and UNCRC are requirements http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6577

Theories and models are Social model of disability, accessibility, anti-discriminatory
Read page 25, after you search for 'social model' inside this amazon book preview

If you scroll up to page 5 it'll also give you some reading for Q1

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-28-2016, 04:05 PM

ceri12 is on a distinguished road

I am new to posting on this site and feel bad for jumping on the this thread but I cant see how I can start a new thread but I have hit a brick wall and need some help getting out of the starting post.

I am stuck on the following:

4.3 Collect further information of children and young people’s play and play preferences

can someone help give me an idea please

Last edited by ceri12 : 10-28-2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: not needed
Unread 07-13-2017, 12:02 PM

xxsophie223xx is on a distinguished road

Hey i need some help on unit 3.3 explain the benefits of risk,stimulation and challenge during children and young peoples play
Unread 07-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a warm welcome to the site. The Best Play publication looks at the benefits these aspects have for children's development.

Quote:

The importance of risk

Play is a key element in children learning to appreciate, assess and take calculated risks, which is fundamental to the development of confidence and abilities in childhood. Children seek out opportunities for risk-taking and it is the responsibility of play provision to respond with exciting and stimulating environments that balance risks appropriately.

Page 11
Benefits that are experienced at the time that the child is playing
Play:
  •  Provides children with opportunities to enjoy freedom, and exercise choice and control over their actions (see objective 1, Section 8)
  •  Offers children opportunities for testing boundaries and exploring risk (see objectives 2 and 3)
  •  Offers a very wide range of physical, social and intellectual experiences for children (see objectives 2 and 4)
Benefits that develop over time
Play:
  •  Fosters children's independence and self-esteem (see objective 5)
  •  Develops children's respect for others and offers opportunities for social interaction (see objective 6)
  •  Supports the child's well-being, healthy growth and development (see objective 7)
  •  Increases children's knowledge and understanding (see objective 7)
  •  Promotes children's creativity and capacity to learn (see objective 7)
Page 13
Play Deprivation
  •  poorer ability in motor tasks
  •  lower levels of physical activity
  •  poorer ability to deal with stressful or traumatic situations and events
  •  poorer ability to assess and manage risk
  •  poorer social skills, leading to difficulties in negotiating social situations
  • such as dealing with conflict and cultural difference
Hope this helps
the cost of ad blockers