Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > OFSTED

OFSTED Discuss everything related to Ofsted in here ..

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Charleys Cat

Default Ofsted Requirements - Nappy Changing

Hi I wondered whether anyone can help me, in the new EYFS I know legal requirements as below for changing nappies,

There should be suitable hygienic changing facilities for changing any children who are in nappies and providers should ensure that an adequate supply of clean bedding, towels, spare clothes and any other necessary items are always available. Children should not be allowed access to any laundry facilities that are provided on site.

We have a Nappy changing Book which also lists date, time, child changed, whether wet or soiled and person changing child which we fill out at every changing time is this suffice for Otsted or do we need to list that disposable gloves and apron worn etc and fill out a novel? Does anyone else have a changing book and what other info do people put in? If so were osfsted happy with the book? Thanking you in advance.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-18-2008, 03:49 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

I would think how you are currently keeping a record of when children's nappies are changed is within the expected guidelines...perhaps ensure that your Nappy and Toilet Training Policy has all the information regarding gloves/aprons/spraying mat etc in it so that you have covered all your bases...
Unread 11-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Charleys Cat

Thanks alot for the above
Unread 11-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

Does each child have a separate page in your book?

If not, you could be breaking confidentiality... just a thought.

As for the other bits, if you wanted to include them you could do them as a pre-printed tick list I suppose but it seems a bit extreme tbh.

Hth
Unread 12-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

m1sspr0ject is on a distinguished road

all we do is have a tick list with childrens names on. we tick and put PU for passed urine and BU for bowl movement. Then we just innitial. If they have a rash or anything worth keeping an eye on there is a space after their name were you can out rash or something. Ofstead have always given us top marks so i think that the way we do it is fine. i am sure yours is too though.
Unread 02-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Bev 06 is on a distinguished road

Most of the nurseries that I visit have a laminated procedure on the wall reminding staff that disposable goves, plastic pinnies etc should be worn. They also back it up with a written policy and procedure.
Unread 04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

FARLEYS is on a distinguished road

we have a nappy changing book, where we write date, childs name, soiled or wet nappy and staff sign it, we dont let anyone else see it only staff so we dont break any confidentiality..if a parent asks we can check what time child was last changed without them seeing the book. as well as that if the child is under 2 we also have individual routine sheets for parents to see and it is included on that.