Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 02-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Fulham Supporter is on a distinguished road
Default I Have To Add To This Question Can Anybody Help Please

Hi all,
I have answered this question, researched it, did the lesson for it etc etc, but, it is not enough, only scored 2 for it.

Can anybody come up with something more that I can add please.

The question is CYP Core 36, 1.5 Explain how and why referrals are made between agencies.
I have seen previous answers posted on here, but, I had already said all that.
It is the bit about how they are referred that needs more info, the rest is ok.

Thank You X

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madiha is on a distinguished road

Working Together For The Benefit of Children and Young People

Multi agency working is important because it brings together practitioners from different areas of work to provide an integrated way of working to support children and their families etc. This ensures that those children and young people who need additional support have the right professionals to support and help them. Integrated working is important as its main purpose is to focus on encouraging and allowing professionals to work together to deliver positive outcomes. Integrated allows things such as early intervention which means that agencies are able to intervene early into a situation before it worsens and hinders the development of a child or young person. Practitioners can undertake an initial assessment of a child’s needs and act on it.
Common*barriers*for*integrated*working*and multi- agency*working*are that not all the people will agree. Also those people may have different methods and ways of working and may not necessarily agree with the ones that are being used. Some people may not be used to sharing their ideas and knowledge. However if these barriers need to be overcome then everyone will have to respect views and ideas of others and also respect and value their knowledge in order to better the multi agencies working together.
Referrals are made to give additional support to those children and young people who need it. This will help the children and young people to gain better possible outcomes which will further better their development.
In my setting, if I notice that the child is having problem in certain things, I will mention it to the class teacher. She will then discuss this with the administrator and parent will be informed and asked for permission for a referral to professional agencies. If the parents/ carers have agreed, the administrator will then contact the agencies, such as the school nurse and then the school nurse will contact agencies such as hospitals, dentist etc.
The external agencies that my setting works with are:
OFSTED: Inspect provision of care in the setting. Their purpose is to ensure that all staff are up to date with all training i.e. First aid, that the setting is providing a healthy and safe environment.
Police. If a problem occurs such as a child goes missing, my setting will inform the police and then they will help in finding the child.
NHS services: They provide up to date information on all illnesses, medical outbreaks etc.
The Common Assessment is an assessment of a child or a young person that provides an opportunity to gain a better initial understanding of the child’s or young person’s needs.
The Assessment Framework includes:
Helps to identify the child’s need.
Provide structure for recording information.
Can support referrals to other services.
Provides a common form of assessment.
Reduces duplication for practitioners.
Reduces multiple assessment for children and families.
Can be shared with consent.

Well this is all I wrote on the assignment... Hope it helps .
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulham Supporter View Post
Hi all
Hi, have you included how are they made and who could be involved for your specific area? ie. your county's own procedures for contacting & making a refferal and all the agencies within your community & further that might be involved - a phone number, organisation's name, named person, if any pre-CAF assessments are made, or how to get in touch to check the database for an existingpreviously completed caf assessment.

Making a child referral London google search. Between agencies will be to protect & safeguard children from significant harm, abuse, support the child and family by offering services that cannot, or cannot be as adequately provided by another and to monitor events.

Hth, do you have any local training opportunities for safeguarding, child protection or CAF? my daughter went on one recently and was very much reassured by the systems she now knows are in place and how to access them.

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

emmaowen141 is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help me with this question:
Explain how you would identify the most appropriate referral opportunity for children and young people. Any help would be appreciated as my mind has gone blank, thank you.