Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 04-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

50andfeelingit is on a distinguished road
Help SOS dealing with conflicts/relationships - level 3 diploma

can anyone help me please, i've got 5 case studies to do on how to encourage children to negotiate and resolve conflicts and help them to build a positive relationship with each other - ages 18 months - 17 year old

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-27-2012, 08:10 AM

naomicostello is on a distinguished road

i am having the same problem...help please!!!!
Unread 04-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, would it help to look at situations that have potential to cause conflict & negotiation and then link it to the ages of children you have experience & knowledge of ..
eg.
Sharing
Controlling touch - the gently approach
Turn-taking
Activities - where a child elects to opt out of an activity/event and children/adult wonder why or where a child elects to opt in and prompts others to prevent/exclude them from play.
Being the one in charge - conflict & negotiation that involves leadership issues, compromise, communication and understanding everyones expectations eg. book choosing, activity suggestion, trip or outing organisation
Inability to engage/inner conflict or turmoil - eg. a wandering child that moves from place to place possibly causing problems on those journeys - sabotage and saboteur .. where conflict arrises from wanting something to cease being and where there may be a view/perception that the child/young person is taking an enjoyment from that - squashing sandcastles as passing by, snatching a toy as running by .. older could be using the word saboteur as a label to end a hurt/taking part in an activist rally or maybe, across all ages by refusing recognition of an achievement/finding it difficult to find reason to accept recognition, & in contrast unable to accept/take on the consequences of unacceptable or inappropriate behaviour for reasons an individual holds - as a right, as personal - poerful read of saboteur & definitions for self-sabotage
Bullying through name calling, teasing, taunting
Jealousy/ownership - 'my mum goway' - 'my boy/girlfriend take a hike'

Common concerns from Kings College.ac.uk is good reading for how older children may experience situations of conflict and possible negotiation.

Maybe you've observed situations where actions and communication - child to child has resulted in conflict ..

Snatching, running away with a taken item, holding item out of reach, throwing item. Anger & hitting another with a body part or object, pulling hair, shouting at another in close proximity, pinching, biting. Unexpected quietness, withdrawal. A sudden change to a friendship group.

and were part of the events that helped deal with the incident, negotiate through the wants of everyone and help discover a solution that everyone is satisfied with ..

A few examples of language that involve defensiveness, conflict, challenge, negotiation and the establishment of boundaries .. 'You play that now' - 'I go next yes'? - 'Me/my turn?' - 'Mine'
'Boys don't do this' - 'girls play over there not here' - 'I go here'

Positive relationships By Jennie Lindon on amazon & for June 2012 Understanding children's behaviour

Making friends - Assisting children's early relationships from the FPG Child Development Institute

http://www.aboutourkids.org/articles...ds_friendships from NYU child study center

Hth, a warm welcome to you both xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM

50andfeelingit is on a distinguished road

thanks for your help, you've certainly given me a starting point, thanks again, will have a look at website.
xx
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM

naomicostello is on a distinguished road

Thanku so much...i will have a look xxx