Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Work in general

Work in general Relax, pull up a chair & chat with friends about life in general and work within the early years sector

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Honest opinions needed....

Hi

I need your help in deciding what to do about all the 'Theme & Topic' forums! (don't panic... this top section isn't going anywhere EVER !! )
But, it's been brought to my attention that the amount of them could be seen as 'over kill'

Now..... I created all the forums so that over the years we could all add our thoughts, views, information, links & ideas to the relevant topic titles, so that basically when it comes to deciding the next terms theme we have an area that has (if only a couple of posts) great resouces there and then for members to start work with!!

There is another way of organising all the themes through the main site ...but it would mean emailing or electronically submitting your ideas to Silkysteps and we would then have to manually add them.... This isn't a problem, but I do feel it would take the spontaeity out of all the 'Oooo I'll just chuck that bit of info on such & such a forum' !!

On the other hand ... when you first visit the forum and it reels down for miles... LOL it is a bit of a shocker !!! and the last thing I want to do is scare off possible new members by thinking the place is so enormous & too big to handle!

Arghhhh HELP!

The categories can be 'collapsed' and hidden when not needed and the busiest section is going to be up here and that's perfect but please let us know if you think it's 'too much' and we'll try to sort it out...

Many Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Toni

Honest Opinion.

OK, here goes! When I first logged on and saw the 'miles' of headings I did thibnk "WHAT on earth have we here! We'll never fill this forum up!" But, now that you've explained why there are so many headings I think it could work very well. Whatever we are planning/have planned we can post relevant info easily under the planned heading, rather than under a general heading.
I also think this forum will be much more fun to post on - it certainly appears to look a happy site!
My only concern is that if people did not pick up the Silkysteps post on the old site they may not find the links to this site as (on my computer at least!) the old Under 5s site is not accessable any more. Haven't checked, but is there a link on the web to here?
Unread 01-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Toni

Oooo, being nosey now Ruthie! Just noticed your location is Darlington. Where in Darlington are you? My sister has lived there for over 35 years now (mmmm, does that make her more English than Welsh I wonder??). She lives near the train station.
Unread 01-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
LOL... Just outside Darlington... MSG!

1. Underfives has just exceeded its bandwidth limit - I've no doubt it'll be up and running again soon.
2. No link on the web to here as such - yet!... getting 'known' takes a while I'm afraid... but the more Silkysteps addresses you post all over the net... the quicker we'll get noticed!
3. I have emailed all the old Tea & Sympathy members to let them know where we are .. but can't do anymore than that at the moment - If you have contacts please pass the addy on

3. and THANKYOU for putting my mind more at rest over the forums... posting planning ideas, past, present & future is an absolutely fantastic idea
I think I'll make the reasaons why the forum is SOOOO huge in the introduction & welcome post a little clearer so everyone knows what's going on!!
Unread 01-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Patsy

WOW,WOW,WOW what else can I say. Very well done to all concerned and THANKS. You bet Ill be around even though not active in child care any more. Mind you being in the pub we get lots of children in and who is down on the floor playing????? lol
Unread 01-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Welcome

Welcome back!:laughing:
Unread 02-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Hi...just wanted to say I think having all the topic ideas is brill...means life will be so much easier....a big THANX...