Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jelly6 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS fed up 404

Started my nvq4 in december, just handed in 404 and 412.. half way through 401 and 422... hoorah i thought.
Just got feedback from assessor... says 412 is adequate and 404 is too general...

thinking of quitting as did my level 2 and 3 with cache and sailed through both never a prob, top grades in both ....
just dont get what i am supposed to write if my answers are just adequate or too general.... any pointers would be great....:sorry:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sparky is on a distinguished road

I don't think that is fair of your assessor. Ask her to explain how you can improve them. She can't just say "too general" as that isn't very helpful. She's there to support and advise you so don't let her get away with it!!!

Once you get an idea of what you need to do, post again and i'll give you all the help I can. I passed my NVQ4 in January. Don't give up - there's loads of support here on Silkysteps
Unread 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

what is it you are handing in? she should be setting the pitch they shouldn't just be answered as questions, has she observed you asked for reflective accounts etc?
Unread 04-02-2009, 07:17 PM

sparky is on a distinguished road

Thats a better way of putting it tutu! I just got on my soapbox sorry :soapbox:
Are you an assessor by any chance as you always have wise words to say on the subject of NVQ's
Unread 04-03-2009, 10:42 AM

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

I bet she was just in a bad mood when she was marking it. Maybe go into a little more detail and dont forget to include things that might seem very obvious. If you tell me what the question/task was I might be able to help more.
Unread 04-03-2009, 09:08 PM

hello thanks for your replies. I have been told to write answers to every question in my core and optional units. I have been observed once and had a Q&A session at the same time with her. The whole of 404 is too general according to my assessor. I have written things like we have a routine within our setting as I have written as part of a team rather than I... perhaps that is the problem?? She stated to put examples... which I feel I have done... I did reflective practice on my 2 & 3 all ok so cant see where I am going wrong...!!??
Unread 04-05-2009, 11:51 AM

Minx is on a distinguished road

If you really are concerned you could contact your provider and speak to the IV or your assessors supervisor. Seems a bit drastic but if you've tried speaking to your assessor and telling her you have included her examples, i don't see what else you can do!

Keep your chin up xx
Unread 08-05-2009, 01:15 PM

General question

have at last nearly finished 404 - went above tutor to seek advice. Was told to make it personal, so reworded to I instead of us and we!! Tutor said all fine :) just got one last question on this unit to do... any help would be fabulous

K4P820 - how to assess further areas for development in skills and knowledge through review of theory including current and emerging research

???
Unread 10-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

claire_evz is on a distinguished road

I am currently doing my NVQ level 4 and have to do the cache level4 managing care in quality standards to get the funding for the qualification. Finding the CACHE particularly hard and really fed up with it! Anyone else having the same problem??
Unread 01-06-2010, 06:05 PM

know how u feel :) let me know what unit u on as i have completed 7 out of 9 so far.. maybe i can give u some pointers... :)