Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 09-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

abcde is on a distinguished road
Default NVQ 4 CCLD and new level 5

Hello

I am hoping someone might be able to help me as I keep getting conflicting advice regarding the new level 5 diploma in leadership course.

I already hold the NVQ 4 CCLD qualification and am trying to find out if it is worth doing the level 5. Are the courses equal to each other and did the level 5 replace the level 4?

One company told me that if you have the 4 there is no need to do the 5 but another said that it may still be worth doing if you are interested in management.

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-05-2012, 08:47 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

if i were you i would do a straight management course with the ILM, the ccld ones are good BUT you know it, you know CC and nursery management but only if youre desperate to study. ILM courses are superb and really focussed on management rather than cc man i have just put my managers through a ILM5 and they loved it they learnt so much from managers in other sectors BUT unless its your thing you dont really need it
Unread 09-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

abcde is on a distinguished road

Thanks tutu - I will look into the ILM courses, they sound like they could be what i'm looking for.