Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

jessica is on a distinguished road
Default Induction procedures and teambuilding example?

Hi , my assesor has given me this case study to answer but not sure what to write for this, please help if you can thanks

Question is: Felix is a new member of staff. He is finding it difficlut to fit into the team as they all know each other really well. How would you deal with this problem ?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-11-2010, 07:36 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
Hi , my assesor has given me this case study to answer but not sure what to write for this, please help if you can thanks

Question is: Felix is a new member of staff. He is finding it difficlut to fit into the team as they all know each other really well. How would you deal with this problem ?
Whenever I employ a new member of staff, I try and make them welcome (as do all staff) and put them at ease. They will have already had a trial morning with us ( as part of the vetting procedure) so as well as their qualifications, I ask for feedback from staff. I want a good team that work well together for the benefit of the children.

I will show them around and introduce them to everyone. I may ask one of my practitoners to 'look' after them, show them 'the ropes', help them with the children and generally put them at ease.

Once a new member has started I try and organise a staff meeting asap - I find that helps; as does a social evening - anything where they are going to be occupied, but still able to converse and get to know everyone - ice skating, bowling etc but not the cinema!

I also look out for them and will speak with them each day, ask if they are finding everything alright. I will have spoken to them indepth once I offered them a position (and they accepted), but they also have a transitional period just as children do. I go through the monthly, 3 monthly and 6 monthly induction/appraisal forms to make sure everything is alright. This allows both sides to voice doubts or concerns.

Whatever you and your setting do, the basic thing is to welcome them, include them and ask them how they are finding everyone/thing. If not, you then have to ask yourself - why has that problem/issue arisen and how can you go about rectifying it.
Unread 07-14-2010, 05:22 PM

jessica is on a distinguished road

Thanks =) x

Last edited by jessica : 11-04-2010 at 07:56 PM.