Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 11-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

mother theresa is on a distinguished road
Default 026 safeguarding 1.4 serious case reviews

hi struggling on unit 026 safeguarding 1.4 when and why serious case reviews are required and issues of how to share findings and implications for the workers practice done the why and when but stuck on the rest can anyone help

also 1.3 a clear analysis how national and local guidlines policies and procedures affect the day to day work with children and young people and within thenew workers role please help

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mark5792 is on a distinguished road

Here is the start of what I put, I went on and answered this on a different computer so I do not have my final answer to post sorry. I hope it helps.

Task 1.4

The purpose of serious case reviews is to enable lessons to be learned from cases where a child dies or is seriously harmed and abuse or neglect is suspected as being a contributing factor. A well known recent example of this is the 'Little Ted's' case, and by examining the conditions which allowed or contributed to this case can help to prevent similar cases occurring in the future. These case reviews not only help to inform and improve practice within setting across the country but can also insure that there is not a knee jerk reaction which limits positive experiences which children in settings may have. The idea of banning mobile phones from settings was muted after the Little Ted's case, however

Last edited by mark5792 : 12-13-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: It posted this 4 times but I don't know how to remove it
Unread 12-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mark5792 is on a distinguished road

The Local Safeguarding Children’s Board examine cases when a child dies and abuse or neglect are known or suspected to be a factor in their death. These will involve the local authority children’s services, the police, educational and health personal, and other agencies as needed.

Each of these services will look at the causes and see if there is anything that could be changed in their procedures to make sure that it will not happen again. This process is not designed to apportion blame, but to improve the services and ensure that lessons were learnt.
Unread 12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

this is good info from mark but remember analysis is far far deeper you need to use examples and connect them to law and guidelines you also need to give pros and con for each section. i would be looking for a t least one mention of climbie and the following report inc how it impacted on practice ie ECM etc.
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:50 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sjp121 is on a distinguished road

http://www.safeguardingchildren.co.u...rocedures.html