Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Muggy

Foundation degree in early years

HELLO!!!!
Any advice greatly appreciated...
I am just approaching the end of my NVQ3 (EYCE) and my tutor reckons I should do the Early Years Foundation degree. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing this, what its like compared to the NVQ3, and if it could lead to any interesting new careers!!!!
Ideally I would like to work with children, but preferably on a one-to-one or very small group basis. The idea of working in a school doesn't appeal to me, I have done this, I need a new direction in my career!!!!!!!
Thankyou, from someone who's got a kind of 'stuck in a rut' feeling!!!
I'll quit complaining now and hope that inspiration will strike!!!!!!:idea:

*Board was being a bit stretched so edited for font size .. sorry :(

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 03-14-2006 at 08:55 PM.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

..hi Muggy..think I replied to your post on the under 5's site ..:rotfl:
Unread 03-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Muggy

Default Yes!!

Ah yes! Thanks! I thought it couldn't hurt to get the opinions of two websites's worth of people!! :rotfl: How are you finding the course? Do you want to go into teaching? My tutor suggested I should do the course, she thinks I will enjoy it, and maybe I will, just I was looking forward to being able to do stuff in/round the house again without feeling guilty all the time about not doing homework!!
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:48 AM
cybertwin

Hi
i am starting the foundation degree (hopefully) in september and would welcome any comments. I will be attending with a colleague.
really looking forward to it and accumulating a large supply of stationary in readiness (am stationary person, just looovvvee it)
maybe we can help each other out
Unread 08-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Narnia is on a distinguished road

apparantly, i can't do it.........i would need lots of other qualifications first???
Unread 08-22-2006, 08:27 AM
cybertwin

that is a shame,

i have an interview in a few weeks, so hopefully all is going well

xx
Unread 08-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bettyboo is on a distinguished road

Hi Narnia
that's a shame you can't do it as you have a lot experience.
I started the FD last September and many of the students have none or very little experience and do not hold a level 3, many of them have struggled and dropped out. I really think the college I am with just wanted bums on seats and did not give the right advice. I have found it hard but it is worth it.
good luck everyone
BB
Unread 08-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road

Well I for sure will not be doing it,at my age do not need any stress!!I shall continue to attend as many courses as I can as if I can learn one thing then the course has been worth it.
Unread 08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Narnia is on a distinguished road

mm well. nearly through the level three..had extensions due to last years fun and games, but if all groups are going to have to have a degree person in the setting, i'd rather it was me.............................but doesn't look good!
Unread 09-03-2006, 01:02 PM
looby

i am beating myself up about it at mo.I am the manager /supervisor of our preschool and have been in childcare for 15 years at preschool for 7yrs.
If anyone should do the fs degree it should be me as otherwise i would have to step down eventually but I just dont know how i can fin the time.preschool takes up all my time as it is and with a growing family! I attend every course going and feel I give 100% and more surely with our good ofsted report and evidence the children are achieving and thriving in my care it is enough! I feel if i dont do the degree a younger more able member of staff will and altho I work with staff who are graduates I feel pressure!