Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 12-07-2007, 08:23 AM
loo-lar

ccld level 3 unit 301 k174

Hi, im having a mental block.......ccld level 3 unit 301 k174....importance of children valuing respecting other peoples individuality and how to encouage and support this....also k180 also im new here and dont quite no how to start a thread is there a link or something on this page ive not seen lol ......hope someone can help im at the panicking stage already on this course.......

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya

If you want to start a new thread have a look on the left hand side of the forum for a button that looks like this -> (this one won't work !!) click it and it'll open up a new box for you to type your question in.

This knowledge point is one that would seem to be harder to answer the older the audience is !
But without respecting individuality there wouldn't be much chance to amicably resolve differences, work together or learn and communicate with each other.
Valuing individuality is one way to indicate you accept and respect that person and their choices.

Having the opportunity to explore alternative thoughts, lifestyles, religions and abilities is the first door to respecting them... even in dissagreement.

Sharing, turn taking and the feeling of 'injustice are probably the biggest hurdles our youngest children experience first - one example possibly being 'why is he/she allowed to do or wear that when I'm not' .. the toughest bit is being able to give appropriate answers that promote respect and individuality. Passing on the value of that is potentially in the way the answers are delivered and valued by those involved

This is a good page on wild2learn - Wild2learn aims
Quote:
  • Facilitating the emotional growth and development of young people in our care by providing support and appropriate challenges through our experienced staff team.
  • Provision of comprehensive care plans and individual daily timetables incorporating education and leisure activities.
  • Assisting the development of personal and social skills through a range of stimulating and educational activities.
  • Having in place reasonable boundaries, which are consistently reinforced. This will provide a framework to enable young people to take responsibility for the control of their own behaviour.
  • Ensuring that the young people in our care have access to all possible educational opportunities.
  • Supporting and motivating staff to provide high standards of care, through supervision and training.
  • Respecting individuality and embracing difference. We will challenge discriminatory and oppressive behaviour, practices and attitudes.
  • Each young person is assigned a keyworker who is responsible for co-ordinating administration, writing L.A.C. reports and completing individual care plans.
source: Archive.org

Another area that may highlight good points is an Equality / Inclusion Policy
Acas guide to drawing up an equality policy

Supporting respect of individuality is ongoing and making the time to look at things matter of factly is how together and individually you'll discover what, why, when and how !!
To encourage it you could provide resources, chances to talk and introduce new personal concepts and ideas.

This is probably wayy off track now but when it comes to mediating this link has some good ideas for helping to understand respect ..

Resolving disputes and conflicts ~ from Child&Family Canada.com

Hope this helps .. let us know what else you find out
the cost of ad blockers

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 09-24-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: *Quotes added
Unread 12-07-2007, 04:58 PM
loo-lar

Thanks for your speedy reply, my assessor gave me my unit back and said i needed to cover these knowledge questions further i hope by adding more it will please her , i feel like all i am doing is repeating myself tho. Thankyou again for your help.....
Unread 12-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ruth I'm doing this unit too and this helps me go into more depth
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:07 PM
loo-lar

these knowlegdge questions then are they trying to get you to write about the reasons behind why we do certain things in the setting my assessor said to me even tho she has seen me actively doing things i need to be saying why......like listening to a child we automatically do obviously but then I have to write down why I listened......do i sound confused, yes yes yes am i on the right track...
Unread 12-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

lol .. loo-lar that doesn't sound confused at all

My driving instructor used to tell me don't just use your eyes to check the mirrors ... make a point of moving your head to show the test instructor you are actually checking !!!

Besides the fact I failed lol, this sounds much like that !

Being able to give time to listen to the Children naturally is perfect, but by knowing why you're listening is how you can guide the communications and actions to an outcome that hopefully everyone involved is happy with.
If that reinforces values for why you respect their individuality they'll find it reinforces their values as well

Has your assessor or tutor given you any pointers to research or follow up for this ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-09-2007, 12:02 PM
loo-lar

no pointers, i completed this unit and had just a couple of knowlege questions without written evidence so my assesor told me to add a little more to completly cover them..i thought i had covered them in my evaluations to a couple of relective accounts which i did , although i was showing i was giving good quality care and being positive i need to write the reasons behind why i listened, valued, and respected etc etc so i have now done some more written work thanks for your help i just hope ive covered it properly now, im handing it back in to her on the 17th and thats when i get unit 303 so no doubt i will be back on here picking your brains.........lol thanks loads...