Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jaded123 is on a distinguished road
Default Dissertation research -Perceptions of professionals and parents on the current compulsory school starting age in England

Name of Researcher: Jade Dickson

Dear Participants,
I am currently an undergraduate student at Newcastle College University Centre, study for a BA (Hons) Degree in Children and Young People, as part of this I will be researching professionals and parent’s perceptions on the current compulsory school starting age in England. Data received from carrying out this research will be used in my final dissertation.
The aim of this research project is to explore professionals and parents views on the current compulsory school starting age in the UK. The project will also investigate if participants believe the current formal teaching in schools for children aged 4 and 5 is appropriate or if more children would benefit from an alternative curriculum such as a play-based curriculum until a later age. Unlike the majority of countries, in the UK the compulsory school starting age is 5.
The research will involve completing a questionnaire relating to the aims outlined above and should take no more than 15 minutes of your time to complete. Some questions may include personal information to give the researcher an idea of your background however all completed questionnaires will be kept confidential throughout the research project and will be secured, stored and disposed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. All questionnaires will remain anonymous, therefore please do not include any personal details such as name, full address or telephone numbers. You also have the right to withdraw from the research, if you wish to do so.
Thank you for taking the time to look at this thread. I would be very grateful if you could fill in all questions, however if you do not feel comfortable answering any questions, please just miss these out. I would really appreciate if you could take a few moments to add any feedback about the questionnaire or any other comments you think may be useful, using the last question.
If you are willing to participate in the research, please click the link below and complete the following questions to give consent.
Finally, if you have any questions regarding this research or would like to withdraw, please feel free to email me on S1126042@ncl-coll.ac.uk.

Please click this link if you wish to participate in the research http://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FA...rm?usp=sf_link

-----------------------------------------