Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 02-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarah.payne is on a distinguished road
Default I messed my assessment up

I had my first assessment last Wednesday and I messed up. First of all my tutor was late so I had already carried out my risk assessment before the children arrived as its safer. My tutor was suppose to of arrived early to see this. I explained when she turned up but she was well will have to add that to your next one. Then criticised how I dealt with a child misbehavior I gave the child 3 warnings and then on the 3 rd u put them in time.out she said I shouldn't be.doing that yet I followed what the staff do. then it came to my professional.discussion and I went.blank and messed up on a few questions the tutor had to give me a few prompts. One question I remember messing up was about breast milk so that and a few others will be added. I don't know what my tutor put as she has my folder and has done.for 5 weeks now.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-26-2012, 11:21 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i shouldn't worry too much. and i would ensure you mention her lateness and that you followed the settings behaviour procedures on the feedback sheet of your observation.
tho if i was the assessor i too would have mentioned that time-out is unacceptable a lazy choice for managing behaviour but that is the settings fault not yours. i would also ask for my folder back AND i think i may well complain
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:21 AM

Thank you I will def put something down on the feedback sheet when I ever get to see them. I understand about the dealing with behaviour unfortunately I have to deal with it that way as I am o. Only volunteering so have to follow the settings procudure. I have told her I need my folder and she said I haven't checked it yet and told me to write the questions down in.class to answer them. To be honest I think she is lazy
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah.payne View Post
I had my first assessment last Wednesday and I messed up. First of all my tutor was late so I had already carried out my risk assessment before the children arrived as its safer. My tutor was suppose to of arrived early to see this. I explained when she turned up but she was well will have to add that to your next one. Then criticised how I dealt with a child misbehavior I gave the child 3 warnings and then on the 3 rd u put them in time.out she said I shouldn't be.doing that yet I followed what the staff do. then it came to my professional.discussion and I went.blank and messed up on a few questions the tutor had to give me a few prompts. One question I remember messing up was about breast milk so that and a few others will be added. I don't know what my tutor put as she has my folder and has done.for 5 weeks now.
Regarding the professional discussion... Do you know in advance what questions you will be asked ?
Whenever i had a professional discussion my assessor would email me a list of the questions to discuss, so that i could prepare for them, write down any notes that i felt i needed... That way the discussions always seemed to flow well and i didn't get flustered as i knew i had my notes as back up if i needed them :-)
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM

Yeah we do but she asked me a couple of questions that was not on my plan as she wanted to sign off some units and those were the ones I messed up on. U don't warm breast milk up in settings they have it at room tempture don't they even when its be in the fridge?