Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Becky is on a distinguished road
Default TA Application Help!

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone could help me on a person specification question for a application form I am filling in it is for a teaching assistant position so any help would be very greatful

It says 'Contributes to a school wide positive climate for learning' under personal attributes could anyone help me or point me in the right direction with what to put for this as i'm not too sure.

It would be very greatful if anyone could help me as soon as possible as I have nearly finished the form so would like to hand it in before the weekend

Thank you :)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-27-2013, 03:40 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

have a think about the things you studied in your inclusions and equality unit
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

It is about how you join in with a positive attitude, support the settings policies and procedures, know how to raise concerns, recognise and celebrate diversity, know the importance of inclusion and work to make sure everyone has the opportunity to take part - remembering not everyone might want to :), attend meetings, liase/talk with colleagues to agree what's happening and how to go about it.

If you still have access to a level 2 handbook - on amazon, these units will guide what you do in your professional practice

SHC23 introduction to inclusion and diversity
MU 2.9 understand partnership working
Principles of inclusive practice can be found in the handbook under unit TDA 2.15

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:35 PM

Thanks that has made alot of sense I have found information that I had for notes before I write it all done on the application, as I just seen this I know I was on the right path, thank you :) xx
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:53 PM

There is another one that i'm not too sure that I am on the right track it is under knowledge and experience that is the only one I have then I can all write it out on the application form it is: 'Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and Primary frameworks for maths and literacy which relate to their work'

Unread 06-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Knowledge and understanding is another way of saying what you know and how you understand it.

Information on the national curriculum for primary school can be found here on education.gov.uk http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/...iculum/primary math & literacy are the second page xx

If you take a read you'll be able to see how the natitional curriculum provides a framework of subject specific aims that claim to support children through different keystages of learning that happens during their time in a school. At level 2 it's good to know that whilst you are amply capable of working independantly your teacher or room lead will also be able to inform and guide what's expected of you each day and be able to impart their knowledge and understanding of the framework to you.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers