Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 02-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
General question stuck of a few questions

my assessor is coming monday i have been busy working on my homework and looking after 1 sick child and a husband and keeping the other child busy please help ssoooo tttiiirrrreed

unit 22 explain how to monitor children and young people development using differernt methods

assessment frameworks, observations,standard measurements and information from carers and colleagues.

unit 24 explain how insitutions, agencies and services can affect children and young peoples development

the last question i need to cross reference with unit 097 which i have already done please help.

T

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

cakeymakey is on a distinguished road

Hi Unit 22 - are you doing this one through college sessions - as it is knowledge one? anyhow different methods to monitor children and young people development - observations -

Snapshot Observations with Photographs

Snapshot observations usually spontaneous. child or young person, may show glimpses of development, that you may not have noticed before, during a session i.e. using the pincer grip to pick up large beads and threading them onto a lace. Make a note of this on a sticky back label to include the date of the observation. Do take a photograph to support this, if there is the opportunity to do so, as it will also be included in, the child or young person’s learning journey. These notes are used to highlight milestones in the learning journey, which has been achieved, and to allow for further planning for the child i.e. in another session, the child could be provided with an assortment of shapes and sizes of different beads - make sure you have parental permission for photos first.

Anecdotal Observations -a written narrative that tells the story as it happens. It details what the child or young person does and say and how the child does and say things.

hope this helps - I have just had Unit 54, 22, 25, 30 and 33, signed off and I.V. (Distinctions on all assignments bar unit 54 which could only be a pass or fail, so I had a pass) so all my college sessions finished!
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
I only get to college 1 a month for 2 hours that is it with this course hope to do this tomorrow fingers crossed still waiting for my units hope to have 075,097,022 and most of 5 other units but your answer has really helped i can make a start thanks just hope i get unit 097 back from my last assessor hope to find out tomorrow as will met my new assessor at college as she is also my tutor.

Thanks T
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:08 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

kas14 is on a distinguished road
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinajpatterson View Post
my assessor is coming monday i have been busy working on my homework and looking after 1 sick child and a husband and keeping the other child busy please help ssoooo tttiiirrrreed

unit 22 explain how to monitor children and young people development using differernt methods

assessment frameworks, observations,standard measurements and information from carers and colleagues.

unit 24 explain how insitutions, agencies and services can affect children and young peoples development

the last question i need to cross reference with unit 097 which i have already done please help.

T
know that feeling, i am a single mum to four kids aged 2, 6, 15 and 16 and work in a nursery part time, as a hairdresser part time and i go to college for 2 hours every 2 weeks, sooo hard but i am getting there, half way through this course and have done my level 2 , all in 9 months so far :jump: