Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Fundraising activities

Fundraising activities Find and share fundraising ideas

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

busybee is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb summer fayre ideas

Our summer fayre theme this year is country and western i dont know who came up with that, anyway we have final meeting tomorrow to decide what we shall have, just thought i would ask you clever lot if you have any ideas!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-14-2007, 05:32 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

Could have:

A plate-smashing stand (always goes down a treat), and theme it by painting cacti, sheriff's badges etc on the plates.

Guess how many sweets in the cowboy hat.

Adapt the magnetic fishing to collect horseshoes, cowboy hats, cowboy boots etc. Have number on the back so certain ones (ie all end in 5) win a prize.

I'll keep thinking.....
Unread 06-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

busybee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Muffet View Post
Could have:

A plate-smashing stand (always goes down a treat), and theme it by painting cacti, sheriff's badges etc on the plates.

Guess how many sweets in the cowboy hat.

Adapt the magnetic fishing to collect horseshoes, cowboy hats, cowboy boots etc. Have number on the back so certain ones (ie all end in 5) win a prize.

I'll keep thinking.....
Thats great thanx, bit concerned about place smashing, sure it would be fun but not sure about the safety issue
Unread 06-14-2007, 08:47 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road

Shoulda typed more about it :sorry: ..... fix up some temporary shelves or borrow an old unimportant bookcase, stand the plates up on it and have a good long distance to throw from - you'll also need to remember about the sides.

Or...you could paint paper plates, get in with your greengrocer/supermarket/market holder and see if they'll let you have the soft tomatoes - I know I'd relish (haha, relish:rotfl:) the chance to throw rotten tomatoes!
Unread 06-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Sounds like fun !

I agree with the health & safety issue, the only time we did a plate smashing stall it took forever to clear up after even with heaps of floor coverings, love the paper plate & tomato idea although wet foam balls could be an alternative !

Are you dressing up the stalls with gingham ?

Game ideas could include a double sided picnic basket for a lucky dip ..or hunt the numbered horse shoe in a barrel of hay, match the number pulled out to the prize , country & western tombola lol

Hula hoop Hoopla over soft toys instead of traditional lasso perhaps !?
Toss the cowboy boot !

What things are you already planning to do ?
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-15-2008, 06:17 PM
SueMM

I know the event you're talking about has gone, but if you do it again, you could get a Line Dancing group to do a display.

The one local to me are great fun and will teach people there to dance too.

Do a 'Strictly Line Dancing', and get the parents to pay 50p or so to learn a simple dance, and have a dancing final with kids being the judges. They love it!!

Sue
Unread 03-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Jayne

Why not get a volunteer to wear a cowboy hat and throw wet sponges at them for money or what about face painting, but instead of the kids getting painted, let them loose on you, that would be so much fun for the kids.

Bury some gold nuggets (sweets) and send them on a treasure trail across to prairie and cactus fields, with clues on wanted posters. Charge them 50p to enter?

Jayne