Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road
Help SOS observation help

i have my first observation with my new tutor and am very anxious about what to do she wants me to do this obs with 2-3 year olds but i have had no time to set anything up as not been into work wit all the holidays and portfoilo is sat in a locker waiting ev so can't look at what i need to cover so any ideas please.

Thanks t

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-05-2011, 05:45 PM

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinajpatterson View Post
i have my first observation with my new tutor and am very anxious about what to do she wants me to do this obs with 2-3 year olds but i have had no time to set anything up as not been into work wit all the holidays and portfoilo is sat in a locker waiting ev so can't look at what i need to cover so any ideas please.

Thanks t
Hopefully you will know what is planned that week/what is set up, so have a look around, every learning area should be covered.

The next thing is that you don't know what area your assessor is expecting to see, so to cover all eventualities, you could always have a few small props/resources that you can add that session - perhaps just so there is something fresh out and you will have a better opportunity of 'observing' what you need to.

If you have a few wicker baskets/boxes you could make up a few treasure or actvity baskets up. they need only be small - some conkers/cones in one, materials, wooden spoons and small safety mirrors in one, different mark making resources to the ones that are out - or just adding some paper bags and combs to the sand area.
These are probably all things you have and do, but whatever you don't have out - get something different ready.
Be honest with your assessor, say 'I wasn't sure what you wanted to see, so I've prepared something for every eventuality. I know all areas will cross over, but if you (as you've said) are prepared, you will much more confident and things will go well. The assessor will be pleased also, as she does want it to go well too.
Good luck.
Unread 05-05-2011, 06:05 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

thank you that is a load off my mind i can try and sort somethings out tomorrow.

Thanks T