Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road
Help SOS 306 K3h280

The current Government guidelines on healthy eating and nutrition for children I have found the eight guidelines in the book by Penny Tassoni but not sure if I should put down the eighth one which is about drinking alcohol sensibly, even though it is stated in the book.
Also could anybody help me with what to put for the next part of the question Why is it important that these guidelines are followed in all childcare settings
Many thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-05-2010, 06:57 PM

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

Hiya,

The government issued guidelines on healthy eating and nutrition for children. It is important to children's welfare as well as meeting children's needs that these are followed by practitioners. The aims of the guidelines is to improve the health of the nation (ie obesity) and to reduce the gap between the health of the most wealthy and the least wealthy in our society. A good diet containing plenty of fruit and vegetables is identified as essential for the good health of adults and children.

The 'healthy schools initiative' is outlined in a White Paper. The purpose of the initiative is to raise awareness of healthy living amongst practitioners, children and families. It also makes practitioners, children and families aware of healthy food choices that can be made in setting, schools and at home. This is important, as the foundations for good adult health are laid in childhood. Practitioners should ensure that their setting's policies on child nutrition and infant feeding are in line with current best practice and government guidelines.

I hope this helps, gud luk

fluffy bunny
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:40 PM

Nikinoo is on a distinguished road

Thanks fluffy bunny, thats a great help
Unread 07-05-2010, 10:39 PM

fluffy bunny is on a distinguished road

Your welcome, hope you get finished soon
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bird24 is on a distinguished road

what are the government guidelines on healthy eating??? i cant seem to find them anywhere am i being thick? lol

Please help
Unread 09-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bushra4lyf is on a distinguished road

guyssssssss i'm really struggling with unit 317 can some 1 helpme plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Unread 09-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jodieii is on a distinguished road

This question can also be cross referenced with unit 307 K3H295 X
Unread 08-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

HG1984 is on a distinguished road
Default Goverment guidelines on healthy eating for children

I have looked just about everywhere I can think of to find these...now getting a headache :(

Can anyone help please?

x