Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 10-15-2008, 07:40 PM
bowbow

Help SOS unit 403 provide programme and activities to support intellectual and leanring

i have finished this unti except this question and been not getting very far each time i look at the question

provide programme and activities to support intellectual and learning covering:
attention
concentration
persistance
exposure to difficult and valued concepts
motivation
challenging and stimulating learning and love of learning

would i answer this along the lines of .................
children attention/ concentration will remain at an activity if they are interested in it so to plan around there likes and individual needs, the child will remain motivated.
The environment around them needs to be challenging for instance if they can easily complete a three piece jigsaw then they should have opportunity to further their skills, so i would put a harder puzzle out for them but not too hard to de-motivate them from the start

not sure about persistence, difficult and valued concepts

hope someone can help

thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbow View Post
i have finished this unti except this question and been not getting very far each time i look at the question

provide programme and activities to support intellectual and learning covering:
attention
concentration
persistance
exposure to difficult and valued concepts
motivation
challenging and stimulating learning and love of learning

would i answer this along the lines of .................
children attention/ concentration will remain at an activity if they are interested in it so to plan around there likes and individual needs, the child will remain motivated.
The environment around them needs to be challenging for instance if they can easily complete a three piece jigsaw then they should have opportunity to further their skills, so i would put a harder puzzle out for them but not too hard to de-motivate them from the start

not sure about persistence, difficult and valued concepts

hope someone can help

thanks

for persistance its activities the children are challenged by, things they have to work at to do, for a child with poor fine motor skills it can be building a tower and maybe for a child with excelled f.m skills it could be weaving-both activities require problem solving and concept-i.e how can i get the tower to stay up? colour, shape, size etc

difficult and valued concepts can be talking about other cultures and why they are valued by other ppl etc or with younger children who are ego centric it can be getting them to understand the concept of sharing and others feelings
Unread 10-21-2008, 07:47 PM
bowbow

thanks very much for your help, i have only just got the reply as i haven't been on for a few days
Unread 10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

your very welcome
Unread 10-31-2008, 12:31 AM
angel 1

Default hope this helps

Quote:
• We provide activities to support intellectual learning in our continuous provision
Attention- story time, puzzles, listening tapes, construction games, circle time
Concentration- puzzles, peg boards, lotto, pair games, memory games
Persistence- jigsaws, construction with different sizes, challenges
Exposure to different and varied concepts-messy play, role play, creative play
Motivation-Dancing, excercises, decision making, team games, praise and sticker rewards
Challenging and stimulating-exploratory play, praise and encouragement, showing each others work, displaying children’s work, modelling and showing an example of end product

*Please note: Content and statements contained in this post are copyright of ©Angel 1
Information supplied appears to be relate personally and may or maynot reflect others experiences.
Information supplied is for readers perusal only.

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 10-31-2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: *Added copyright notice
Unread 11-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

madam80 is on a distinguished road

i'm nearly finished 403 only got 808 question 6 to do.... can any one help please..