Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD

Training, Qualifications & CPD These forums contain details on different courses, ideas and links to help with opportunities in many aspects of continuing own and groups's personal development. If you have any questions or can help with information relating to training & further education .. firstly thankyou and please feel free to use these forums .. NB: All Silkysteps forums are public - Please post responsibly and professionally & always get in touch if needed ..

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-01-2007, 09:30 AM
cybertwin

Notebook My Foundation Degree So Far.................

Hi, I thought that I would write about what has happened on my degree so far, hopefully it will be useful to some people, maybe if you are thinking about doing a Foundation Degree (FD)

Well I am attending with my Deputy and good friend so this really helps in some way, but not others as we talk about it all the time. but it is easier to get changes in place!!

We started at the beginning of October and the first term was learning about learning styles, how children learn, theorists. We have completed 3 essays of around 1500 words, with references etc and one power point presentation (scary! )

we attended every week one day a week to our uni, but it is slightly different as we are an off shoot of winchester university based in a lovely old building in basingstoke town centre! so not far to travel for us at all.

We are now starting the 2nd semester and doing a massive 2 term projext on our professional workplace practise, all about what we do at work, profiles and observations on 4 childrens learning styles, directed tasks on all the curriculum areas, management bits as well. this is work based and we have a mentor and assesor that visit us to guide us through it

along side this we are also attending uni for 5 days in the 2 terms to undertake child development. which will look at agres and stages, we will visit different settings and observe lots of things. Again there is 2 essays and a presentation to do!!

I am really enjoying the degree and have met lots of different people, there is 12 on our course over a wide range of ages, stages and professions

The uni has been really supportive and we have been able to apply for grants etc for our fees, ict needs and books!

I hope that this has been useful, please ask questions as this is really brief

-----------------------------------------