Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 06-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

MissAJ25 is on a distinguished road
I'm confused Explain how to identify a child's individual needs?

Hi
I am planning my final assignment of my course Additional Support for children with special educational needs level 3

I am really struggling on my second question - Explain how you would identify individual needs... Could someone please explain what i need to do please ?

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Anne-Marie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road

Young children display a wide range of responses to both new and familiar situations, and settings need to be sure that expectations are realistic in relation to the child’s stage of development. It is important that any judgements made are based upon an in depth understanding of the individual child. Time spent observing and recording the way a child learns and interacts, communicates and gets their needs met will be important. It is also essential to talk sensitively and constructively with parents and carers, to help to build a complete picture. This will also help to identify whether there are other factors that are contributing to his/her learning needs.

The broad descriptors listed here will help the setting to think more specifically about where the child has additional requirements. The detailed descriptors will help to show whether the child is at a different stage of development to children of his/her own age. The descriptors here are those for a developmentally younger child. Checking descriptors in the other sections of this handbook will help to show if the child’s learning needs are linked to other needs. Settings should make adjustments to the learning experiences that are provided for the child, basing these adjustments on what has been found to interest, motivate and develop persistence in the child.

The interventions/actions section describes what to do for a child at Early Years Action and Early Years Action Plus.
Unread 06-02-2017, 11:48 AM

Before recording a child’s needs at Early Years Action, ensure that:

• the child has received learning opportunities that are adapted to the way the child learns; • adjustments have been made for the child within the normal day-to-day organisation of the setting. • the child’s responses to opportunities have been observed and recorded

If this action has been shown to be insufficient to support the child so that he/she can make progress, settings should gather evidence that: • setting staff have adapted the ways in which they work with the child, to meet his/her needs • the child has received targeted support in those areas of learning which have been identified as needing support • the child needs additional time and support to engage in activities within the curriculum • the child needs different or additional provision • the child is making little or no progress.

Evidence of the child’s progress must be gathered using: • evidence from observations • evidence from any assessments • information from parents or carers • records of the child’s achievements through the EYFS “development matters”, “planning for quality in the Early Years” or the child’s individual learning journey • reviews of any targets that are in place.
Unread 06-02-2017, 11:50 AM

I hope this helps a little