Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

squidgey is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone.
I started my A1 in November'10, I feel for you new to assessing, i also found it hard to grasp the concept of observations, to begin with I did one large obs covering everything i could think of it ended up being 16 pages long in order to cross it over into as many units as i could, I firstly asked my candidate to choose a theme on hygiene, self care awareness physical activity and quiet rest times.

it was hard going trying to keep up with what i was seeing, writing quick enough before i lost track and missed stuff out as the activities rolled very smothly from one to another the minder and children were so actively involved in what they were doing.

I found it easier to take a note pad with me instead of our worksheets as i could then take time when i got home to read through and put it all together properly. whilst re reading you will remember things that you didnt get time to write down.

hope this is encouraging.

I have now almost completed I am just waiting for my countersigner to come with me to do an obs on me giving feedback to my candidate.
then ready for submission and certification.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-18-2011, 11:26 AM

I am now doing my ptlls(preperation to teach in the life long learning sector. any one thinking of doing this give it a go WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

i found it quite hard to begin with untill it clicked then it went a lot better. my portfolio is of being verified here hoping fingers crossed
Unread 02-18-2011, 11:29 AM

hello Babe,

hope your A1 is going to plan, it does all fall into place I put all my copies of everything into my portfolio as I wasnt sure which evidence was going to be the best my poor co signer had the job of sorting it out for me.

I didnt need as much as i thought.