Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road
Default how long does the a1 take

How long does it normally take to do the A1 ive been doing it since feb and my students have nearly finished the 3 units i need, and more units as well and ive had 1 observation on myself and i have attended a standardisation meeting and taken part, seems to be taking a long time. still its great experience i just want to finish and get qualified. I know I need more obs done on myself, and need to sort my file out.

How long did any one elses take? I expect it depends on your centre you are training with.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hiya, sorry I couldn't help with this, it's been a while since posted, were you able to find out any more?

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 01-28-2010, 10:06 PM

cabin is on a distinguished road

Maybe each 'trainer' is different.
Mine took around 8 months, I did it free at my local college but in return I had to complete two candidates. The college was good offering suport though - and sometimes we had workshops with other trainnee assessors from different work skills which made it interesting.

xxx
Unread 02-03-2010, 09:05 PM

No I havent found out any more I have been doing my A1 for 12mths now One of my candidates has completed and the other one nearly finished.
i have done my A1 with a local nvq centre i have had no workshops and i have had an assessor to supervise me and sign off the units. i have been to standardization meetings and had 2 obs done on me one doing an obs and the other questioning my candidate.
Unread 02-03-2010, 11:38 PM

cabin is on a distinguished road

Did you pay to do the course? Has your portfolio been EV/IV'd yet?

xxxxx
Unread 02-08-2010, 04:42 PM

No the course was funded my folder is in the process of being looked at
Unread 05-01-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
No the course was funded my folder is in the process of being looked at
Both of my students have now completed their level 2ccld and have had their certificates and I STILL HAVENT HEARD ABOUT MY A1, seems to take ages.
Unread 09-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

squidgey is on a distinguished road

I am about to start my A1 award been to first training meeting been given my folder with standards in.
i would like to know if im on correct wave length in thinking most of my evidence will come from what i produce for my candidates obs etc. i have have just completed my level 3ccld now im going to do my A1

Last edited by squidgey : 09-18-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: add on info
Unread 09-18-2010, 12:25 PM

Hiya, i am about to start my A1 award am i right in thinking most of my evidence will come from what i produce for my candidates ie obs and so on
Unread 10-05-2010, 03:06 PM

Hiya all glad to see im not the only one in this spot. I have just been allocated my first two candidates so i can now get on with the rest of my course good luck everyone.