Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Assessor & tutor forum

Assessor & tutor forum Continuing professional development. This forum is openly available to all looking for help and information on the A1 - Assessor Award. Supporting CYPW CCLD NVQ candidates and others undertaking professional qualification.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

markysgirl is on a distinguished road
Default a1 award

hi peeps, i need to answer 25 essential knowledge q's as part of my training. does anyone know of any good websites or books which may help. q's include things like... outlining some of the differing needs of candidates, making sure judgements are valid, how to encourage candidates lacking in confidence....etc.

thanks for any replies

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-02-2009, 11:42 PM

babe is on a distinguished road

Hi markysgirl

I can send you the ones I have completed so far if thats any good? Send me your e-mail if so!!
Unread 03-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

I have 2 books s/nvq assessor handbook for ccld author kelly hill
isbn 978-0-435402-23-5 heinemann nice easy to read book full of info down to earth.

the nvq assessor and verifier and candidate handbook ros ollin and jenny tucker
isbn 978-0-7494-5110-3 not such an easy read as the first book but full of info cheaper on amazon
Unread 03-03-2009, 10:52 AM

cheers babe, i'll let you know my email address.
Unread 03-03-2009, 10:53 AM

thanks brandy. i might try the latter book. i already have the first. ill have a look on amazon
cheers
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

littlebird is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe View Post
Hi markysgirl

I can send you the ones I have completed so far if thats any good? Send me your e-mail if so!!
Hi Babe
Please could you send me a copy of what you have done so far. would like to know if im on the right track. Some people say i have to answer the questions in writing some say i dont. Not getting much support. thanks.
Unread 03-09-2009, 11:56 PM

babe is on a distinguished road

Hi Littlebird

No probs - just send me your e-mail and I will send them! I have been told to write all my knowledge and then myself and my assessor will have 3 discussions at the end to go over all the knowledge and then have 2 discussions to discuss the different types of assessment techniques that i used with my 2 chosen learners, what worked, what didn't, what i could have done instead etc!! I have 40 knowledge questions to answer!
Unread 03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

littlebird is on a distinguished road

Hi Babe

Thank you so much.
I have answered most of mine now, but just not sure if im on the right track. I keep talking to different people and they say different things which makes me more confused.
Unread 10-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sammyd70 is on a distinguished road

Hi i have just begun my a1 assessors course and i was wondering if anyone could help with the following questions,
c. ensure that the evidence comes from the candidates own work
d. make safe fair valid and reliable decisions about the competence of candidates only on the agreed standard.
Any help would be greatly received

Sammyd
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:01 PM

tbone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe View Post
Hi Littlebird

No probs - just send me your e-mail and I will send them! I have been told to write all my knowledge and then myself and my assessor will have 3 discussions at the end to go over all the knowledge and then have 2 discussions to discuss the different types of assessment techniques that i used with my 2 chosen learners, what worked, what didn't, what i could have done instead etc!! I have 40 knowledge questions to answer!
this sounds like wot i have got to do wouid be gratefull 4 abit of heip with knowledge questions 2 c if im on the right track thanks if ucan babe wouid heip tbone thanks again