Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

emsylh is on a distinguished road
Default Advice please?

I am doing the first assignment and would like some advise on how to do it?
It is the CYP 3.1 Child development. For the first part would you just write a bit about each aspect of development and make a chart of some kind for birth - 19 or would you have the headings and then write a bit about the development at each age?
for example

Physical development

The physical development of a child is an important area of the overall development of a child
From 0-3mths a baby will not be able to fully control their bodies. Movements will depend on the reflexes that they already have and need to survive (sucking reflex)

and so on.....
Tutor has given us the assignment and then given us no information whatsoever :(

thanks in advance for any advise :)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

goingmad is on a distinguished road

For assessment criteria I broke it down into a table and had the headings, physical, intellectual, language, emotional and social. I then broke it down into years e.g. 0-1, 1-3 etc and put three points under each heading such as a 0-1 year old under physical grasps objects that are given to them.

For this section I also supported it with a definition of the groups I mentioned above.

Hope this helps.
Unread 03-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Thank you it helps a lot.
I have been in college today and she still hasn't got around to starting on the unit. I got her to give me the material that she will be giving out next week though because i said i wanted to get on with it. I started making a table and printed it and asked her it was ok to do it that way and she said yes it was fine, so going to carry on with what i was doing. Just not looking forward to the theory part of it lol
Unread 03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

goingmad is on a distinguished road

I've had mine signed off so if you do it this way you shoudl be ok. Just take the theory step by step, there is loads of reading but it will just click when you see things in your setting if you are doing a placement.

Pm me if you need any more help.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mum of three is on a distinguished road

Hi, I really struggled getting my head round this topic at first. Once I had obtained the book called "Child Development, an illustrated guide, birth to 16 years" by Caroline Meggitt. I understood what to do!!!This was my bible, I broke down each age group, then used individual headings, and included all the relevant information, there is a lot on information in the younger years to record, but as they get older there is less to write. Age 16-19, I got information from the internet.
HTH
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM

Lucas92 is on a distinguished road

I found a REALLY useful book and it gives you the physical, emotional and social and cognitive development its 'Children and young people's workforce by penny tassoni, kate beith, kath bulman and sue griffin' if you cant find it ive got a link to a picture of the book for you :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...SIN=0435031333

also if you go on direct gov website you can find the EYFS booklet online and that will show you the stages of development. hope that helped.
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:24 PM

Thanks Lucas92. I have the book waiting for me at the college library, but not had time to go and get it since i had the call to say it was in.