Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 08-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road
Default Annoyed! (ranting sorry)

Like I said in the title this is a little rant as I'm so annoyed at my college and especially my tutor!
I have really struggled with this course (like many of us have). I am meant to be finished by the first week of October but I am so behind I am finding this a unliely thought. My tutor know's that I am struggling and whenever I emailed her it sometimes took weeks for her to reply! My last email I got from her was a reply to an email I'd send 5 days before and it basically told me what units I have left to complete (this is because she hasn't uploaded some of the information onto the ENVQ site yet). And now I am unable to contact her until the 5th September as she is on summer holidays.
I am completing everything I can over the holidays but I don't think I will get it all done as I don't have all the notes as I missed a few of the classes.
ANNOYED!
Sorry for the rant....
Charlie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi Charlie,
ask some questions on here will help if i can x
Unread 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie101 View Post
Like I said in the title this is a little rant as I'm so annoyed at my college and especially my tutor!
I have really struggled with this course (like many of us have). I am meant to be finished by the first week of October but I am so behind I am finding this a unliely thought. My tutor know's that I am struggling and whenever I emailed her it sometimes took weeks for her to reply! My last email I got from her was a reply to an email I'd send 5 days before and it basically told me what units I have left to complete (this is because she hasn't uploaded some of the information onto the ENVQ site yet). And now I am unable to contact her until the 5th September as she is on summer holidays.
I am completing everything I can over the holidays but I don't think I will get it all done as I don't have all the notes as I missed a few of the classes.
ANNOYED!
Sorry for the rant....
Charlie
Hi Charlie

I will also help if i can, i havent finished like Wendy but only a couple of units and optional units left, with half of this completed.

Ask and i will help if i can

I also want to finish and stuck on a couple of questions and don't see tutor until sept, i feel that basically because i am doing this work based with a few visits now and then from tutor that i am completing this without assistance, i do feel my tutor helps but with 4 EYMP's to finish and optional units that i want to get done by sept and no visits planned i will struggle, i think it is sometimes the way questions are worded.

Lynne
Unread 08-04-2011, 07:23 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

ok a you missed a 'FEW" of the classes this is an A level course if you are doing it pt you CANNOT afford to miss any classes.
Did you do a level 2? if not then it will be very hard and you should have been guided better.
As a tutor those who dont turn up go to the back of the queue, i know that sounds harsh but you chose to do it you chose to commit and those who have turned up every week will always get more attention. just like in every other walk of life. we have little to judge you by the strongest pointer is attendance.
and lastly october is a long way off knuckle down and get it done the only way you will do it is reading reading reading and research research research if you are doing this then you should be ok.
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road

Hi all
tutu- Yes I do have my level 2 and this has definatly helped in some was.
Yes I did miss a few of the lessons and I have 2 genuine reasons for missing them... 1, I missed a few of the first lessons as I work on Fridays and the lessons where on Fridays and dispite asking numerous times my manager wouldnt give me the time off until March this year meaning I missed lots. A couple of time I did pop in after work to pick up any notes they had produced in the lesson.
2, I missed March and Aprils lessons as I was off work ill. I have a neurological condition called Hydrocephalus and they thought I had something major wrong with my shunts. Luckly it turned out to be not so serious but still it was nearly two months off work and in and out of hospital. This condition is one of the reaons I do struggle with learning as I have damage to my brain. My college knew about this condition and the other 2 neurological conditions I also have, before I started and yet still have not offered the help I requested at the beginning.
Charlie
Unread 08-05-2011, 04:42 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

i understand BUT you cannot hope to be able to do the work without the teaching AND there will be at least an 88% attendence to pass. students in my college who miss more than 5 sessions ( 2.5 days) are withdrawn unless they have medical notes and if they have notes they re sit those sessions the following year. life throws us curve balls every now and then we need to deal with they will not however mean you get a pass or a bye without the attendence or the work