Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Childminding

Childminding Share childminding and home education ideas

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 09-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jo_B is on a distinguished road
Help SOS EYFS?

Hi everyone!

It’s been a while ;) I’m curious to know how childminders are tackling the new EYFS Profile!
I have started to keep scrap books of activities along with observation books on individual children. I’m not even sure if this is necessary. I really need to find a course to keep me up to date.
I already do planning and risk assessment of home and garden.

Anyway any help and ideas from others are always gratefully received...

Jo

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Morris Minors

Hi Jo, that's what I'm doing too. I do a memory book (scrap book) with lovely photos and descriptions of what the children are doing (mainly for parents) and a more professional file with photographic and non photographic observations, individual planning and a monthly review. A copy of the review goes to the parents. To be honest, this is more than is expected as far as a Network Co-ordinator was telling me the other day so I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm just trying not to spend tonnes of time on it.
Emma x
Unread 09-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I have a learning journey style booklet for each child.

I add photos, observations, copies of children's pictures and anything else they want in there.

I also add notes and feedback from other settings and parents and link that in to the Learning and Development requirements.

It makes a lovely memory book to take home when they leave.
Unread 09-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

watgem is on a distinguished road

Hi Jo I have a "work in progress" which keeps changing as I realise I've missed stuff out .I keep a daily diary for each child and stick in copies of my planning for parents to read/add to[so far no-one has!] and photos of their lo, a celebration folder for each child with photos, examples of work obs etc which I share with parent/child and my diary which includes planning, obs, photos h&safety evaluations etc I have no idea if I'm doing it right so it would be great to know how everyone else is getting on:rotfl:
Unread 10-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Jo_B is on a distinguished road

Thanks Guys,

It's helpful to know what people are doing

Jo.x