Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

karensi30 is on a distinguished road
optional units 337

Please help....been at it all day trying to complete this unit and these are the questions i have left and i am really struggling to answer these so any examples would be much appreciated as to be completed by tomorrow night :(

K3D691: The different approaches to encouraging positive behaviour, according to children’s age, needs and abilities

K3D692 Policies and procedures that enable a structured approach to encouraging positive behaviour

K3D698: What is meant by unambiguous directions, limited choices and defined boundaries for children; why these are important in your responses to behaviour

K3D699: The links between behaviour, self-esteem and relationships with others

K3D700 :Possible reasons for children’s challenging behaviour, how behaviour links to other things that are happening in the child’s life

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mad_mom74 is on a distinguished road

i have no idea it is my last unit and thought it would be easy arghhhhhhhhh :(
Unread 07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Dingledel is on a distinguished road

This is my last unit and just started it today...I may be calling for some help. can't find much info for these knowlegde specifications! :reading:
Unread 07-13-2009, 08:15 PM
lala13

help spent too much time going over this unit k3d699 can anyone helpppppppp thankyou x
Unread 07-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Dingledel is on a distinguished road

Not got that far yet, I am struggling with the policies and procedures!
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kelbean is on a distinguished road

hello can anyone help ??

i am right in sayin k3d691 is part to do with how you word things for the different ages and needs eg when you have finished come here but you really mean come here now.? is this on the right track or have i gone off track ?
Unread 04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensi30 View Post
Please help....been at it all day trying to complete this unit and these are the questions i have left and i am really struggling to answer these so any examples would be much appreciated as to be completed by tomorrow night :(

K3D691: The different approaches to encouraging positive behaviour, according to children’s age, needs and abilities

K3D692 Policies and procedures that enable a structured approach to encouraging positive behaviour

K3D698: What is meant by unambiguous directions, limited choices and defined boundaries for children; why these are important in your responses to behaviour

K3D699: The links between behaviour, self-esteem and relationships with others

K3D700 :Possible reasons for children’s challenging behaviour, how behaviour links to other things that are happening in the child’s life
You ask what is meant by unambiguous?
Ambiguous means unclear - when something can mean one or two diferent things - something you don't want to use when speaking to children - especially young children who may have only grasped the meaning of very simple words.
They won't want too many choices either - you know what it's like yourself if are having to choose between too many new pairs of shoes etc and you can only afford one pair. Children feel safe and secure in a routine/boundary, there again if you are only little you need to know what is going on in your world. We all know if something has been changed for us - say at work, if it's sudden, we haven't been expecting it, we don't like it (as an adult), now imagine you are 2 or 3? We all (well most of us) like routine, we like what we know.
If you can get hold of Penny Tassoni's book 'Practical EYFS Handbook', it will answer all the questions you have about implenting the EYFS and you will have it to refer to always. I'm not on commission - honestly! There are lots of other books, so if you search EYFS in Amazon, you'll have a choice of books - both second hand or new.
I hope this helps you.
Unread 04-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

bitsyp1 is on a distinguished road

as far as i remember i got K3D698 in the text book, if you have it, the heinemann red one. think K3D699 is expalined in text book too

K3D700, basically if child having problems at home, learning difficulties, long term illness, if child is being abused, language barriers maybe, disabilities, broken family, etc

not much info sorry but hope it helps a bit.