Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums

Early Years Discussion Forums share and read professional working experiences from the UK EYs sector and further afield. CYPW learners and Early Years Educators, preschool practitioners, reception and KS1 teachers, childminders, parents and playworkers a very warm welcome to you all

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-30-2020, 04:41 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Agent78600 is on a distinguished road
I have a question Help with implementing legislation!!!

Hello there :))
I am honestly stuck on how practitioners can implement health and safety legislation on childcare practice?
The question is: Summarise the implications oh health and safety legislation on childcare practice?
Please anyone help, as my teacher is not replying my emails and i can't get textbooks from my sixth form either :((

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-30-2020, 01:00 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

MrsC81 is on a distinguished road

Have you identified the legislation needed for this? This can give you a really good idea of then seeing how they influence practice.
For example: The Food Hygiene Regulations 2006 (england) means that staff handling food need to be trained, storage/preparation must be done to certain standards etc

Hope thats of some help.
Unread 07-30-2020, 02:08 PM

The first question asks me to talk about 3 laws related to childcare practice. I have done that i choose: Childcare act 2006, Control of substances, Hazardous to health Regulations 2002(COSHH), and the last one is RIDDOR.

But then there is this question and i feel like i am going to repeat myself. How would they implement these laws. hmmmm :?
Unread 07-30-2020, 02:32 PM
Duckling ~~ dipping in to help out ~~

MrsC81 is on a distinguished road

I think the repitition is a massive part of the course to be honest (at least thats how i feel!)
So knowing what these laws mean how do they work in the setting?
COSHH - where do you keep items like cleaning products?
RIDDOR - what happens if there is an accident?
Childcare Act - as this is so huge there is loads to chose as examples, first aid trained staff, ratios, risk assessments? all these, and more, come from this act.

Is that of any help?
Unread 08-01-2020, 12:36 PM

oh wow. i think i really understand it now. thanks so much. i can finally get started on this :))))))
Unread 08-01-2020, 02:09 PM

Hi. I am stuck on another question.
"Describe the effects of abuse on a child's holistic development at the age of 6 years".

I do understand that i need to explain the effects of abuse short term and long term. But I have done so much research. I can't seem to find anything on this. :((

In the specification it also says that i can write about cycle of abuse, and self-depreciation. But i don't understand what any of those term means. Please anything will help. This is the last bit of coursework i have left for summer and i really want to get this finished!!!