Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

haylock98 is on a distinguished road
333 level 4

Hi, can anyone help i have almost completed my level 4 but require help with knowledge 333K16 not sure how to measure turnover rates within other organisations! any help with this whole unit would be appreciated

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lucy is on a distinguished road

Hi i have had this unit signed off, but dont have the work to hand at the moment, can you let me know what the questions are and i'll try to help
Unread 02-05-2009, 09:21 PM

Thanks for your reply, its a few knowledge specification for 333- K16 turnover rates within simiilar organisations, K18 working culture and practices of industry/sector, K07 options for addressing identified shortfalls and their associated advantages and disandvantages, K15 how to review the effectiveness of recruitment and selection in your area, K17 recruitment, selection and retention issues and specific initiatives and arrangements within the industry/sector
Unread 02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Lucy is on a distinguished road

Right ok!!!
K16 - i said that i liaise with other nursery owners within my area and use internet forums to gain knowledge about what their staff turnovers were like, i talked about the fact that we all seemed to experience high turnover due to the same reasons such as employing young staff, pregnancy and staff wages.

K07 - i talked about how i look at the staff team as a whole, if there were not enough qual staff in a particular area i would have a shuffle to ensure we were meeting requirements, also talked about promoting existing staff members or employing from outside. Obvious adv + disadv are that existing staff familiar to the nursery but may not have the management skills required and employing from outside may bring in new ideas although will take a while for them to settle in and become familiar with nursery.

K15 - i said that i kept records of all applicants to discover how their skills match the person spec and to gauge how many people were applying for jobs. i then used this info to work out the best places to advertise for the future

K17 - i talked about how our local early years team provide alot of info for people who are thinking of working in the area, recruitment open days that some nurseries hold and staff volunteer schemes.

Hope this is helpful, its a bit rushed, but did not have alot of time!!
Unread 02-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Thank you Lucy thats a great help!
Unread 08-07-2017, 04:36 PM

Jyotsna Mohide is on a distinguished road

Can anyone help me on the following List three positive points that you have found in how this style motivates the staff in the school.
Laissez-faire – Everything is team run and there is no strong relationship
Autocratic – Decision are made by you
Consultative – The team is consulted but you make the final decision
Democratic – The decisions are made by the team
thank you