Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

shellyjoe is on a distinguished road
Default isolated

Really struggling at the mo

I am doing this course through a private company, not my 1st choice but was told that no colleges in my area are running this course. I am struggling with the lack of academic support and emotional support.
Dont get me wrong my tutor is fab but I only see her for a few hrs every 2 weeks and that only became more frequent because I said i was gonna pack it all in. My other half says I spend far 2 much time doing college work whick makes me feel guilty, but then when I am having quality family time i feel guilty for not studying, gggrrrrrr.
If i had not found this site i think i would have packed it all in by now. With working full time, having a beautiful 3 year old and running a house and studying i feel totally burnt out and very emotional.
Dont get me wrong i want to do this course and know that you have to work hard in life to get what you want but it is extreamly time consuming and very difficult at times.
Anyway enough of the rant and feeling sorry for myself but a problem shared and all that.
Are any of you out there in the same or similar situation??

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

padswife is on a distinguished road

hi shellyjoe,
i`m not doing it through college either. i`m working in a nursery and only see my assessor every few weeks aswell, i`m basically just expected to get on with it ! i have 2 boys and a hubby in the military who`s "overseas" so even more worry/stress!!!!

this site has been a godsend and is very supportive in my hours of needs (which are many) i`m about 2/3rds of the way through so i can see a little light at the end of the tunnel, hang in there and set your self small goals instead of seeing it as a huge amount and it will get easier , feel free to ask if you need help
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sharon ashenden is on a distinguished road
Default i agree

Hi i agree with everything you have said.
I am a full time childminder with 2 children of my own. Finding this course really hard to juggle everything. My husband says the same. But i know i have to finish this course to try and better myself. well that is the plan been childminding for a year and it is not a long life dream of mine only did it to be at home with my now 3 year old. Was a teaching assistant but moved and realised couldnt afford childcare anymore. who knows what i will do after this course but i know i will feel good in completing it xx
Keep in touch maybe we can help each other xxx
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Stitsophrenic is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
I just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring and say I'm in the same boat and am really struggling too.
I work 30 hours a week in a private nursery and am also a childminder after school, I hold down a third job in a small shop in the evenings for a few days a week and spend the rest of my time trying to juggle my own two children, housework and my other half, who is supportive, but misses me when I'm away at the computer trying to study.
I'll admit that sometimes I wish I had never started the course.
I am so behind it's silly (I was meant to finish 2 weeks ago and still have 10 questions and key skills to do), but I'm finding it really hard to find the answers I need as the online tutorials dont always seem to give the information that's being asked for....frustrating!
*sigh*
I have to say it feels quite good to have typed that and I feel a bit better knowing it's not only me who is finding it all a bit too much at times.
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jmima is on a distinguished road

Another one who's struggling here :(

I don't work, but I have a 3 year and a 2 year old so no study time in the day and the only time I get to sit down and do it is after they've gone to bed. My other half just moans that every night is dedicated to this course but I just want it over and done with!!!! I know I'm nearly there though... EYMP4 to do, CYPOP7 & 14, the report for CYP3.6 and a couple of child obs to type up. I've been doing this course for 18months now and I am so out of steam it's frightening! I'm also sick of handing in 6/7 page assignement (my safeguarding one was 19 pages long!) with billions of quotes in and getting it given back and told to add more quotes or information!!! I feel like I'm doing a degree the amount of info my tutor wants in!!!!!