Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 10-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

3rdcherry is on a distinguished road
Default Should I study level 3 online?

My employer wants me to study for my level 3 online. I'm not very sure if this is a good idea. Will I miss going to college and having the units explained to me. If I don't understand something where do I get help from. I don't know what to say.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, welcome to the site, ask your employer why online is important to them and if possible take the opportunity to explain to them how you'll feel more confident with regular lectures / college visits & the support that face to face offers.

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:09 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

first its YOUR qualification you need to write the assignments and learn the content and if you learn best as most people do in a class then go to college.
the reason why she wants you to do it online is because its cheaper for them as they dont have to cover and if paying the fees they're cheaper but chap usually means poor quality.
my classes are full of people who start online then give up.
also you dont say if you have a level 2 if you dont do that first. it really is the best way.
remember you work for her at the moment BUT when you are ready to move showing you have taken your time and have a good foundation of learning not just a level 3 will always be in your favour when applying. we rarely take someone on who just launches into the 3 without deep learning
learn how YOU want to learn not her also you can get a student loan to pay for a level 3 if youre over 24 which gives you freedom not having to stay with them when youre qualified
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

3rdcherry is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the advice. Yes you are right - it is to save money. I am over 40 and have worked there for several years now. I have a teaching assistant qualification which I studied for 10 years ago. (I have previously worked as a teaching assistant).i think it will be too hard for me but they now want all staff to have a level 3. I don't want to lose my job but will talk to my manager and explain my fears. I do feel being taught at college is best instead of just reading things on your own.