Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Playwork and Out of Hours

Playwork and Out of Hours playwork, hospital play, library sessions, after school and holiday clubs .. post your activity ideas and queries in here ..

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 09-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

makilograce is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Playwork Level 4 Unit 317

hi, im on my last question on this unit and its starting to bug the hell out of me. iv left it and went back so many times i just cant seem to get my head round it..........

1.2 explain expectations about own work role as expressed in relevant STANDARDS ?!?!?!?!?!?!

I just cant seem to get the question across how i would understand it!

can anyone help me in the right direction, dont really see my tutor that much to ask her for help (bit useless) im 1 unit away from completing the whole course so want done ASAP.

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

Unread 09-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, your job contract will guide you in this. Look at your role, your duties and responsibilities that form your daily work.

Playwork has it's own national occupational standards - level 3 NOS on skillsactive
Take a loook through what the sector expects of you ie. what it states you need to understand and the standards you need to meet in order to be working within the sector and then compare/link it to what your job description states.

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

makilograce is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your help :-)
Unread 04-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sofia#1 is on a distinguished road

In my role l am expected to support the teacher, to be reliable and build a good relationship with the children, encouraging them to the best of there ability in their learning, to assist their growth in knowledge and assist in enhancing their development, so they can grow holistically. To be aware of any weak areas that I come across whilst working with the children, for example a child that may need extra support within their numeracy, literacy or phonics time. I am also expected to deal, to the best of my ability, with challenging aggressive, rude or traumatised children. Whilst I may need to do this at times I am also aware that the class teacher is there for support. I have had to deal with bad language used by a pupil when dealing with the child I explained that the words used where not words that should be used. I found out why the pupil had said those words and asked what words we could use instead.
As well as working with my own class teacher I can be asked at times to go and support another teacher in another class. I am expected to adapt very quickly to the other class and to the lesson there having. My role also means that I will support the children so they are confident in there journey though the school.
It is important that I conduct myself in the correct manner within the school as children will often mirror others actions. I remain professional at all times and act appropriately.

Any ideas or suggestions that I have with regards to anything that could contribute to the smooth running of the class, is always welcomed, and l have done this on occasion. When l take the children out for there guided reading session, if l notice a pupil that is finding there book easy I am able to move them up a level. If l do this for a pupil l note there name and the colour group l have moved them to so the class teacher can then check the level is suitable for them.
Unread 04-06-2014, 10:55 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

thats good sofia but the question is about the NATIONAL OCCUPATIONAL STANDARDS and how what you do matches them you at least need to mention them! this is just a job description not an answer