Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
Default Edexcel CYPW Dip 3 -Unit 2 Help Please

Hiya,

Well I finally finished Unit 1 took forever!!
I now have until Thurs to do unit 2 - last minute I know.
Anyway it is all about observations and planning but bit confused if I actually have to pick a child at the setting and actually develop a plan for them and implement it which would obviously involve the parents etc.. trouble is there isn't any children at the setting that need that at the moment. I just missed the boat on a child who had IEP's ILP's and referred for Action Plus at school so that would have been great but too late.
Do I just do a fictitious one? I am being observed on Thurs and it seems a lot of Unit 2 can be done through observation, or am I barking up wrong tree?

Any advice would be much appreciated
Thank you

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Can you (or better still, your teacher) have a word with the assessor and explain that you are involved with the child that has just been referred for Action Plus and are helping to implement their targets on a daily/weekly basis....and today will be observing and recording for monitoring purposes?

I would have though if the assessor can see you observing this child and you are able to include earlier evidence in your work to prove this, it should be a good piece of evidence on your own practise. To further show your understanding you could write out the next steps/targets for this child. It doesn't matter if when they are done they are different, your targets will reflect what you observed that day, and targets/plans should always be assessed/evaluated and changed if needs be.
Unread 05-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

PeePe is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi,
I've just finished this unit, I only had to write about the effects my practice has on CYP development and how institutions, agencies and services affect CYP development... the rest I have to be observed on. The 3.1 unit is awful I must admit.... and hate to tell you but the 3.3 unit is WORSE!!!!! the pains of the CYP units are 3.1, 3.3 and 3.7..... 3.5 was my favourite... no assignment. If you need specific help I will try :-)

good luck
Unread 05-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Im being assessed on this next time my assessor is in, she is going to look at my childrens folders to see my observations, planning, assessments and next steps, I dont think it has to be a child who needs extra support. Ive completed the written part of this unit as well if u need anything else.

x

PS How did u get on with your first unit?? Ive got my test during next half term!!
Unread 05-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Day View Post
Hello,

Im being assessed on this next time my assessor is in, she is going to look at my childrens folders to see my observations, planning, assessments and next steps, I dont think it has to be a child who needs extra support. Ive completed the written part of this unit as well if u need anything else.

x

PS How did u get on with your first unit?? Ive got my test during next half term!!
Hiya,

Why does everyones courses seem to differ so much? I have no tests. With this unit it seems quite a bit of it will be assessor observing me. I don't have any childrens folders but have done observations and am currently drawing up a development plan which I have decided needs to run until half term so that it can be properly implemented and then evaluated. Just run through Unit 2 with our play leader and she was amazed at how it is all laid out and the sheer lack of support and guidance from the college. I guess coming in at level 3 is a steep hill to climb.
As for unit 1 it took me ages - how long should these things take?
Have not had anything marked/looked at properly yet so it could all be wrong. God I hope this gets easier. The practical side is brilliant I am seem to be implementing everything and learning at a good pace but as for the course work - aarrghhh

I am sure I will be emailing you to ask for more help pretty soon

Thank you