Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 06-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Liz-22 is on a distinguished road
Default support learning activities. STLS level 2 unit 210

Hi guys, I've recently moved from doing a 3 day a week work placement at one school where I wasn't allowed to contribute to any of the planning, to a different school where I am actually now employed and working 5 days a week. It's still early days but I already have more responsibility than I did have at the previous school.
I'm doing the final few bits of my coursework and I am stuck on
unit 210 1.1 Describe how a learning support practitioner may contribute towards the planning, delivery and review of learning activities.
This being as I haven't been allowed to contribute before and haven't begun to do so yet in this new job.
Can anyone give me any suggestions please?
I'd be really grateful of any help

Last edited by Liz-22 : 06-25-2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: desired a more specific title

-----------------------------------------

Unread 06-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Liz-22 is on a distinguished road
Default This is what I have got so far:

This is what I have got so far:
In my role, I meet with my class teacher in the mornings before the school day starts and go over the plans for the day discussing resources needed and offering up suggestions for additional resources and adaptations to the plan regarding the different ability groups, any pre-empted complications and an agreement on how we plan to resolve them. I discuss and share my plans on how I intend to deliver my phonics activities with my designated phonics group reflecting the recent training I have undertaken in that area, sharing my own experience and any new ideas I have that I feel the activity may benefit from. For every lesson I review the activities completed by the pupils as set out by the class teacher. There are 5 tables and the teacher and I rotate through each table throughout the day so that by the end of the day each table has worked with one of us at least once. My role here is to provide support to the learners and feedback to the class teacher by recording on a pupil observation form any difficulties experienced in the activity in terms of delivery or learning. I record whether or not the learning objective was understood and met by each individual pupil within my assigned group. This along with verbal feedback to the class teacher enables the teacher to review their planning and see which children need extra 1:1 support in a given area.
Unread 06-25-2016, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, reads nicely :)
the cost of ad blockers