Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 08-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

womble is on a distinguished road
Default Schools as Organisations, losing the will to live

Can someone give me a little help with 1:2 Explain the characteristics of the different types of schools in relation to educational stages and school governance? I'm really frustrated as I KNOW this but getting it down on paper it's just a big unorganised mess.
Firstly what is the difference between a state school and a maintained school or are they the same and I'm just losing the plot?
Secondly do I write about primary, secondary etc and the key stages they teach as well as each type of school or do I write about the different types of primary and such
And thirdly why is this stuff not going in, am I the only one who is completely losing their mind with this unit ???
I'm really struggling today and would appreciate a friendly shove in the right direction
Thanks in advance, I'm off to sob over my laptop for a bit xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-11-2015, 05:16 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

it isn't the stages its the types and they're all explained on the dfe website. i teach this on level 2 so it can't be that difficult
Unread 08-11-2015, 05:32 PM

I just needed a little bit of a pointer, I am finding this question difficult and a little confusing and to be honest I just need a little friendly advice on where to start. Thanks anyway, I'll just keep going with what I'm doing and hope for the best
Unread 08-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, it's not going in because it doesn't make sense to you, once it makes sense you'll be able to order it and then write about it xx

The difference you want to look for is between state and independent or privately run schools. Not between the words state and maintained.

The government 'own' state schools in England, a national curriculum is agreed upon and implemented in these establishments. Free educational places are then made available to children - schools on gov.uk

A maintained school is one that's most likely to be a state school, although it is a word that can also be used to describe a school that's being maintained ie. funded or run using private venture investment, parents fees, gifts and charitable endowments - types being public schools or independent schools

Government, state maintained schools will ordinarily be run & funded by the LA local authority (county council) and just to mix it up a little .... maintained schools can be a number of types - advice.gov.uk

1:2 Explain the characteristics of the different types of schools in relation to educational stages and school governance

Different types of schools provide different levels of learning/curriculum frameworks to children of different ages and abilities.

In relation to educational stages

Nursery
Keystage1 and 2 in primary schools
Keystage 3 and 4 in secondary school
College, Workplace apprenticeships and University

EYFS, Primary and Secondary curriculums on gov.uk

Hope this helps a little, the TDA 3.2 unit in the STL handbook has good reading that you'll find most helpful.

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-11-2015, 06:36 PM

Ruthierhyme I could kiss you! That's made things so much clearer, thank you! I struggle sometimes to get things straight in my head and run myself round circles, just having somebody clearly explain where I need to go really helps and I don't feel quite so thick anymore :jump:. Thanks again xxx