Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 05-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Ellie123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_oneill View Post
Hiya,
I have just recently finished my CCLD Level 2 and started my Diploma near enough straight away, i have only been doing it a few weeks althou i was meant to have started it about 6 weeks ago but my assessor seemed to take ages getting me started and i have only been given 9 months to do the whole course.

I have started working on my CYP 34 which is Health and Safety and i am already finding it hard and have already had an email from my assessor telling me i am already behind on my work and may have to pay extra money if i dont complete on time. I honestly thought i would be okay and i found my level 2 quite easy and i really enjoyed doing it but this course seems so much harder already.

I'm now wondering if i should carry on, i dont want to give up but its differcult to do this amount of work with 2 young children, a job and a house to run on my own, i seem to be staring at the computer screen til 1am most nights and it alright seems to be too much.

I'm not asking for help or anything i juat wanted to let people know that they not on their own if they feel the same.

Lets hope tomorrow is a better day!
Sam x
Hey,
I have only had 9 months to complete my course and fell way behind but it gets easier, dont give up at all! im on 94% and finish in a couple of weeks, even if it doesnt feel like you'll make it, you will! nobody wants you to fail so please dont give up, i know how hard it is!

Ellie xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-04-2011, 09:49 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

speak to your provider or go to the local college and transfer to a level 2 i think you are INCREDIBLY TOGETHER!!! it takes a reflective and insightful practitioner to realise that they dont know what they need to know and believe me it is way too common for people to achieve a level 3 and know very little. good on ya dont give up just redirect and next year the level 3 will be yours and you will a much better practitioner for it.
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Sam_oneill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie123 View Post
Hey,
I have only had 9 months to complete my course and fell way behind but it gets easier, dont give up at all! im on 94% and finish in a couple of weeks, even if it doesnt feel like you'll make it, you will! nobody wants you to fail so please dont give up, i know how hard it is!

Ellie xxx
Thanks so much Ellie! It's nice to know it can be done! lol I just find the units confusing compared to the NVQ units and just feeling really overwhelmed looking at all these questions.

I have just sent in my Health and Safety unit so fingers crossed it will cover most of it.

Congratulations on doing so well on your course, i bet you cant wait to be finished!

Thanks again for your kind words, they really made me feel better!

Sam
x
Unread 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road

I am a mature student and went straight into level 3 without doing the 2 and I have struggled all the way, I have 2 young children and I volunteer at the nursery on the days that my 2 year old goes, My assessor has been great even though I was put on the back burner due to another assessor leaving and leaving her students in limbo. So my assessor has been given extra time to observe me, I was suppose to finish at the begging of april but have got till the end of may to finish all the written before she starts marking everything, the course would have been 9 mths which is a stupid time frame as others get 2 years to do. I am now on my last unit 304, which is nearly finished.
Gracygrey i would discuss it with your assessor first, if she does not give a dam then see if you can get a new one who will help, and I am sure the staff you work with are happy helping you, as they should know how hard it is, the people I work with are great at giving me a nudge in the right direction and of course this site has been invaluable. If I can help you with any of the questions then I will, please don't give up yet it is so worth it. x
Unread 05-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
Default Result!

Hi,

Thank you for all the supportive replies.
My assessor came today and we had a brief chat and she talked me into continuing.
She did her observations for unit 2 and has ticked most of it off and all apart from one small bit Unit 1 is all signed off as well. Missed a bit out -
What a turn around. Apparently she was very impressed with my work to date and obs went well today
I am so relieved, now have 2 weeks to finish unit 2 and unit 5.
Professional discussions next time so am sure I will be on here panicking as usual.
It also came to light today that the college have a support advisor person who can come out to the setting to help you - that would've been nice to know

Anyway - onwards and hopefully upwards

Thank you lovely people
Unread 05-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

mummy edwards is on a distinguished road

so glad that everything is looking up and glad you are going to carry on and hang in there :0)
Unread 05-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracygrey View Post
Hi,

Thank you for all the supportive replies.
My assessor came today and we had a brief chat and she talked me into continuing.
She did her observations for unit 2 and has ticked most of it off and all apart from one small bit Unit 1 is all signed off as well. Missed a bit out -
What a turn around. Apparently she was very impressed with my work to date and obs went well today
I am so relieved, now have 2 weeks to finish unit 2 and unit 5.
Professional discussions next time so am sure I will be on here panicking as usual.
It also came to light today that the college have a support advisor person who can come out to the setting to help you - that would've been nice to know

Anyway - onwards and hopefully upwards

Thank you lovely people
Hi
well done first of all for having the guts to carry on. I think sometimes we look to much into a question and sometimes they are worded to complicated. As we tell everyone use simple words and then the question will be understood better, you don't have to use complicated words, this makes it more difficult for the question to be understood,unless this is just me being thick lol.
Lynne x
Unread 05-05-2011, 04:56 PM

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

glad to hear your continuing i am doing my cypw level 3 diploma i did my level 2 last year glad i did because it has helped they did tell me i could go straight on to level 3 but i wanted to do level 2 first good luck with it all and if ya need any help just ask x
Unread 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

fantastic news good for you we are all here to help and support you
Unread 05-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

liddlefrog is on a distinguished road

hi, im doing my level 3. not out of hospital long. single mum. working. a lot older than most of you, lol, i think one of my son's is older than you. never thought i could do any thing like this. but i can and so can you. if the work is something you love then go for it. tell your tutor you want more help thats what she is there for.