Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

gracygrey is on a distinguished road
Default Quitting

Hiya,

Have given it a lot of thought and I realise I am ready to quit the course.
Not sure if I am just incredibly stupid or what but it is all too stressful and am sick of crying over a course that according to my tutor is 'easy even for 16/17 year olds to get through'.
Maybe I picked the wrong course provider or was wrong in listening to the people who said that I was more than capable of going straight in at level 3, anyway all that aside it is too much for me.
I adore the practical side and have no problem in the day to day running of the setting but the course itself is a nightmare, no guidance at all.

Am going to email my assessor tonight and save myself anymore grief.

Hope everyone else gets on well and good luck with your careers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
Sorry to hear that your giving up. why don't you give it one last go, it will be a shame to let all your hard work that you have done so far go to waist. I'm sure that everyone will do their best on this site to help you. I feel alone and struggle on but find this site really good and helpfull.
All the best on what you decide to do!
Lynne x
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Alison Day is on a distinguished road

Aw Clare,

Speak to your assessor befor you decide to quit. I think at times we have all felt overwhelmed, partically in the begining. Im finding things alot easier now as I feel I know what im doing ,sort of! The first unit u have done is one of the biggest, I have guided learning hours and it says 30hrs for that unit. Where are u finding it hard with the second unit?? Im sure there are people here who can help u out. Remember this course is offered to 16/17 years olds as a full time college course with placements so they have help at hand all the time. We are juggling work and a family. Are u giving your self some time out as well maybe u should put it all down for a few days.

Feel free to PM me
Take care xx
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

know the feeling but hang on in there you can do it prove it to yourself
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Day View Post
Aw Clare,

Speak to your assessor befor you decide to quit. I think at times we have all felt overwhelmed, partically in the begining. Im finding things alot easier now as I feel I know what im doing ,sort of! The first unit u have done is one of the biggest, I have guided learning hours and it says 30hrs for that unit. Where are u finding it hard with the second unit?? Im sure there are people here who can help u out. Remember this course is offered to 16/17 years olds as a full time college course with placements so they have help at hand all the time. We are juggling work and a family. Are u giving your self some time out as well maybe u should put it all down for a few days.

Feel free to PM me
Take care xx
Hiya,

Basically as I am coming straight in at Lev 3 I have no knowledge base other than the bits I am learning in work placement and having 2 kids of my own.
There is absolutely no guided learning with this course provider which is maybe the problem, in over my head totally and no back up support. Even my play leader says my assessor is useless, are they really meant to just tell you to do a unit and give you no guidance? As I put myself on this course the play leaders at our setting are being fantastic but I shouldn't have to go to them whenever I am stuck surely??
Feel incredibly thick and pathetic right now
I have found this site amazing but as tutu put in reply to one of my first panic posts that, why did I think that I would be able to do it with no prior learning

:weepy:
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:41 PM

Jenna is on a distinguished road

Hii! Ahh i know EXACTLY how you feel. It is soso much hard work. I dont have children, i work 3 days a week at a playgroup and the staff i work with dont help. I changed assessor as my previous assessor was useless. Maybe that is an option and if u are still struggling re-think? I have NO help other than on here and websites i find on the internet. If u need any help i can always help too. I've spent numerous times fretting over this course and i now give myself nights off as i was spending all my time doing it. How far have u got? Im on unit 4. Im not going to lie, it is hard, time consuming and feels never ending, but once u finish it it will be such an accomplishment and worth the hard work. Hope this has helped. Do what u feel is best ! x
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:05 PM

derynjoe is on a distinguished road

Graceygrey

Are you doing the course via cache, city & guilds or Edexel?
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derynjoe View Post
Graceygrey

Are you doing the course via cache, city & guilds or Edexel?
With Edexcel
Unread 05-03-2011, 10:19 PM

PeePe is on a distinguished road
Crossfingers

Hi,

I have been doing the cache level 3 diploma since end of September, I go to college one evening a week and we have a VLE with a private forum for extra help within the training provide's learners, I did contemplate going it alone like I did with level 2 and just have an assessor but I have to say I agree... the diploma is far too in depth to have no support. Everyone on here is always willing to help and I have found that sometimes if i write what I think they are asking for and get it wrong, I can always get advice from my assessor and amend later.

Hopefully you'll get the support you need to continue.
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Sam_oneill is on a distinguished road

Hiya,
I have just recently finished my CCLD Level 2 and started my Diploma near enough straight away, i have only been doing it a few weeks althou i was meant to have started it about 6 weeks ago but my assessor seemed to take ages getting me started and i have only been given 9 months to do the whole course.

I have started working on my CYP 34 which is Health and Safety and i am already finding it hard and have already had an email from my assessor telling me i am already behind on my work and may have to pay extra money if i dont complete on time. I honestly thought i would be okay and i found my level 2 quite easy and i really enjoyed doing it but this course seems so much harder already.

I'm now wondering if i should carry on, i dont want to give up but its differcult to do this amount of work with 2 young children, a job and a house to run on my own, i seem to be staring at the computer screen til 1am most nights and it alright seems to be too much.

I'm not asking for help or anything i juat wanted to let people know that they not on their own if they feel the same.

Lets hope tomorrow is a better day!
Sam x