Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 01-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

heva89 is on a distinguished road
General question Unit 022 CYPW level 3 question 4.2

Dear Silky Steps members,

i have been searching for some guidance for sometime now in regards to the question below. I handed this unit into mmy assosser who said that i need to expand my answer.

I have been searching threw thread in order to find some suggestions to do so.

I have posted the question and my answer below, if anyone can help me or even direct me to a few threads it would be much appreciated. i have the CYPW level 3 diploma book and have searched this.

4.2 Explain how multi-agency teams work together to support speech, language and communication.

Multi agency teams can work together to make sure that every aspect that a delay can have an effect on is looked at. For example, a GP or health visitor will make an initial assessment and suggest a referral, speech and language services will target the main problem and educational psychologists will assess behaviours and any other linked learning difficulties.

Many thanks

Heva 89

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-06-2014, 10:01 AM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

look at the literacy trust, ICAN and don't look at the textbook it is way to simplistic just an intro to the topic.

EXPLAIN means give examples of your everyday work for this i would expect several paragraphs explaining severe different agencies and examples of practice.
you have barely described let alone explained.
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jo1988 is on a distinguished road

Hi

If a child has problems in communication, language or speech then multi agency professionals will work together to help give the child support. Below I will mention multi agency professionals that offer support and guidance to children, young people and their families.

Speech and language therapist
Speech and language therapist work with children that have a variety of problems including cleft pallet, tongue tied, learning difficulties and disabilities. They asses the children and work with other professionals and the parents to give ideas and practical tips on how to help and support the child.

SENCO
SENCO stands for special educational needs co-ordinator; they are responsible for the day to day operation settings SEN policy, SENCO will give support to the child and give ideas and ways to help the child to support their language development and they will work with the parents, they will observe the child and get involved with other agencies if need be. SENCO is the first person that people will refer any concerns to.

Educational psychologist
Educational psychologist will work directly with children, staff in schools and other professionals, their aim is to offer advice and information that will help those who have responsibility for the child education and care and by doing this will help with the child’s education, discussions may be involved about individual children without having to meet them. Advice is given to those who have day to day responsibility for meeting the child’s educational needs because these adults are in the best position to help.

Parents/carers
Parents/carers are the ones who know the child best, they will probably notice if something is wrong first as they spend the most time with them, parents want what’s best for their child and will want to be involved in supporting them, they play a important part but may need to be advised on what’s the best way to do so, for example if a word is repeated over and over the child might say the word but may not know what it means as they are only repeating what they are hearing, but we know that’s not the best way to teach a child.

Hope this helps you get a idea of what to write.
Unread 01-06-2014, 09:32 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

you have described the roles but not explained them at the end of each you need to say .....for example in my setting they ....... and give some examples. you also need to ref where you got this info from AND how do these agencies work together?
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Jo1988 is on a distinguished road

thats what I did and it was signed off, and was qualified in Decemeber.