Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 01-31-2016, 08:51 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

misscow22 is on a distinguished road
Default H&S unit - explain the dilemma

Hi, I am currently stuck on the following question
Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements.

Should I be splitting the answer up and write first of all about the laws with regards to the rights children have with regards to health and safety? Then explaining that the choices children make might not always be the correct ones with regard to taking risks etc?

Really don't know how to word this one, I was getting along quite nicely with this unit but am now at a stand still. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

tigi_2003 is on a distinguished road

It is important that children and young people are allowed to exercise their rights and choices, while maintaining health and safety requirements. This can lead a dilemma when children or young people wish to undertake a task that you may feel is not within their capabilities, or that is not safe for them to do so. Could give examples of the dilemmas that may occur because of this?
I researched and describe the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, and related this to my answer.