Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM
kelly Hall

Default 402

K4S794 Understanding what increases a child's vulnerability to abuse and exploitation and the importance of empowerment, confidence and resilience for a child's welfare. Recognition of social factors e.g. substance abuse, and the possible
behaviours of adults involved in abuse

can anyone help I'm stuck again, my assessor is coming again tomorrow and i've only got a couple of questions to go.
can anyone remind me how many units there are to complete in total

thanks, my husband just call himself the NVQ widower these days

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Some children are deemed to be more at risk than others these may be children different in some way eg disabled, extremely intelligent, less intelligent, children from a different culture.

The internet itself can increase a childs vulnerbility eg , chat rooms, texts, mobile phones, cyber bullying, and children can be left mentally vulnerable and upset.

Alcohol – children don’t realise that this can be dangerous and lead them into risky situations.

Drugs – children may get involved in drugs possible signs are changes in appearance, interests, eating, sleeping, moods and openness

we need to provide children with the information on these topics to enable them to protect themselves againt abuse, we need to build their confidence so they can say no and say why.

Adults who are involved in abuse may say things like “its our secret” or even threaten to hurt family members if the child tells, a child should be told to always tell the truth and no harm will come to them, children should be aware they do not always have to do as adults tell them they need to say no.

there are 9 units to complete in total .
4 you have to do 401, 402, 403, 404.
and 5 you may choose . (I couldnt choose i had to do certain ones it depends on the assessor I think)
Unread 07-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

sally23 is on a distinguished road

Hi Kelly
Your post made me laugh thats what my husband is like too at the moment!!
The 4 mandatory units are the most difficult imo - the optional ones should be easier - I have been able to choose them so I've linked them into what Im doing at the moment.
When I first started my nvq I was totally overwhelmed and didnt have a clue what I was doing - I found the language they used and getting my head round how they wanted it laid out the hardest!
Im now probably just over half way through and if I didnt have a family and a busy job would probably be enjoying it!! Its a good job we can multitask!
I have foud the support on this site invaluble and what would I have done without the internet!

Anyway just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck - I cant really add to what Brandy has said - Brandy has helped me too in the past so a hi to you Brandy too
Unread 08-04-2008, 04:19 PM
kelly Hall

Default NVQ4

thanks very much for both of your help, sometimes i just get a block. i know the answers but just need a little help when my brian starts hurting !!
thanks again