Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Early Learning activities

Early Learning activities A place to share information and request ideas relating to EY's activities

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bettyboopsomerset is on a distinguished road
Default Activity to promote safeguarding?

Hi peeps

Just wondering if any of you can come up with some useful ideas as to an activity I could do with the children to promote safeguarding to them (confidence, resilience, assertiveness, etc).

Any ideas would be v much appreciated, either leave me a note on here or message me would be fab!

Thanks
Kerry xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-04-2011, 10:00 AM

susiepoo is on a distinguished road

I need help too please.
I need to prepare an activity to use with a group of children and young people that will develop their understanding of ways in which they can protect themselves. (child protection) Through the activity I must help them understand why it is important that they learn strategies which enable to protect themselves and keep safe. I must then include an evaluation of the activity but I don't even know where to start. It's Tuesday and all of this must be done by Monday
Unread 10-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, does your setting have a 'stop' message that children use to safeguard themselves from frustrating, uncomfortable or frightening situations?

This blog post on Teacher Tom provides an insightful perspective - "stop".

Another safeguarding strategy that supports child protection is disclosure, how do children tell you when they're upset, scared, concerned or want to share positive information/observations about their day?

You could use the key-person/worker strategy to base this on or have a more open whole group approach and a 'tell an adult, tell a friend let's get it sorted out.' or for activities 'What you like, what you don't like, let's plan what we do together' system.

The list of books here aims to support children's self esteem and confidence through discussion & story telling - safeguarding and awareness

Hth xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 10-26-2011, 01:37 PM

susiepoo is on a distinguished road

Thank you. No our setting doesn't have a stop message but I'm now really interested in getting this sorted. Thanks for your suggestions and I'm also thinking of buying a few of these books from the list for the setting ( I need to find them in Welsh if poss) because I don't recall seeing any of these and they look fab. Just what I'd like to see and read.
Thanks again