Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Policy Procedure & Planning

Policy Procedure & Planning Preschool Nursery and Early years policy, procedure and planning discussions. Please use this forum for conversation regarding frameworks, finances, fees and the organisation of a childcare setting's paperwork

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Chairperson

In September we have no chairperson .Who then is our employer?who is responisble if anything goes wrong?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chloe is on a distinguished road
Default Chairperson

I have now found out(knew really!) that the new manager and ex chairperson are having a affair.What do I do? Ex member of staff says get out quickly!but I love the children! Should I have words or ignor it?
Unread 08-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Twinks

Firstly you don't mention what sort of setting your are in. I take it you are a committee run pre-school or similar? If so, there should be a constitution which your committee adhere to, and this usually states that your committee are all "liable" for the running of the business, not just your Chairperson. Therefore, the committee are your employers.

From what I understand, most committees can continue running so long as they have a Secretary and Treasurer, and sufficient ordinary members to represent your membership. Failure to find a new chair should not necessarily be a problem.

As for the "relationship" between your manager and ex-chair, if the chair is no longer in office, then what difference should it make? If they were still in control of the committee, it may make life awkward, and possibly a "conflict of interest" would apply, but so long as the chair has stepped down, I should leave well alone. Saying something is more likely to jeopardise your job!

T
Unread 08-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bettyboo is on a distinguished road

I agree if it is an ex chair then I can't see a problem.
BB